Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not just that - but the howlers - his one against us in particular, could have seen United 2 points better off than they are and with a bit more confidence instead of blowing a 2 goal lead to your rivals can be a vital factor in the games to come. Then him throwing it in against Dunfermline, admittedly you won that night, but he's no doubt making the defence feel more nervous than it is already at a time when they really need to just be thinking of their own game.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not entirely sure why he'd leave the group of players he has for the shitehawks at United, its not as if our squads out of contract in the Summer either

FWIW I'd happily see us reject any approach United have, regardless of the money involved.

Wright could probably set his sights higher tbh

#notevenjoking

This. There'll be Championship sides starting to take a serious interest in him. I'm actually surprised none of been linked with him so far considering jobs at Rotherham and Brentford are available.

As has already been stated countless times, United are a bigger club and he'd get a better wage.

I know, but why take the risk of ruining a burgeoning reputation by joining a side filled with shitehawks? He's not a young man, and hes ambitious, and one more good season with us will see him down South before three good seasons at United.

RandomGuy., on 03 Oct 2015 - 19:11, said:RandomGuy., on 03 Oct 2015 - 19:11, said:

I know, but why take the risk of ruining a burgeoning reputation by joining a side filled with shitehawks? He's not a young man, and hes ambitious, and one more good season with us will see him down South before three good seasons at United.

He's 52... He's not exactly the oldest in management terms either, just that Scotland has been filled with going down the recently retired player route over the past couple of years which is making him stand out as being 'old'.

ETA: A year or two as a successful manager at United, getting them off their knees so to speak and he'd look a much better option for some bigger sides, whereas realistically, no matter what he now does at St Johnstone - the pinnacle will have been the SC. He needs to move on at some point soon (Not necessarily to United) or face growing stale at St Johnstone at some point down the line.

He's done an absolutely brilliant job with you lot, and despite the fact there is zero chance of him going to United - I can totally understand quite why you're so defensive!

It is highly unlikely we could get TW, but mainly because of the compensation issue. If this wasn't a problem then as with any other profession in the world, if you were offered a 25/50/100% payrise at a job 20 miles along the road you'd have to be pretty sure an even better offer would come along later to turn it down.

He's 52... He's not exactly the oldest in management terms either, just that Scotland has been filled with going down the recently retired player route over the past couple of years which is making him stand out as being 'old'.

Yeah I know, but how many 60 year old managers with no experience down there get compensation paid for them by English sides? I'm not convinced he'd get any better job offers at United than he would with us tbh, fully expect Huddersfield to punt their manager in the next few months, and a job like that would likely seem perfect to him.

Reaching the stage where we all know that every outstanding result is pushing him further towards leaving us, its sad, but thats life. He's a complete legend already.

It is highly unlikely we could get TW, but mainly because of the compensation issue. If this wasn't a problem then as with any other profession in the world, if you were offered a 25/50/100% payrise at a job 20 miles along the road you'd have to be pretty sure an even better offer would come along later to turn it down.

This aswell, United baulked at the reported £200k compo for Hughes, TWs would be higher.

RandomGuy., on 03 Oct 2015 - 19:22, said:

Yeah I know, but how many 60 year old managers with no experience down there get compensation paid for them by English sides? I'm not convinced he'd get any better job offers at United than he would with us tbh, fully expect Huddersfield to punt their manager in the next few months, and a job like that would likely seem perfect to him.

Reaching the stage where we all know that every outstanding result is pushing him further towards leaving us, its sad, but thats life. He's a complete legend already.

Even if he moved - I couldn't/can't see him being at either you or United for a further 8 years regardless. He'll either get a job down South or pick up the NI job (With a bit of luck obviously regards to Int) with no problems as long as it doesn't go catastrophically wrong for him at some point. Just a case of playing the waiting game, and arguably, United is a better place to do that as he has a re-build job to make them 'great' again whereas one would think that short of winning another major trophy with St Johnstone, he's done as much as he could there. Does another top 6 finish really add that extra gravitas that turning United around would? Debateable.

it just reminds me of when paul sturrock left a good team/squad to head over to United. It didn't go well as the problems at United were pretty deep rooted and a couple of signings didn't change them much. Would imagine the same would happen if TW did jump ship for United.

Archived