Kilmarnock v Ross County

It will be interesting to see how the LB situation works out - will Foster be back from injury, or will we see Reckord back on? Reckord was lacking in sharpness by all accounts on Saturday, but that will only come with game time.

Other than that, I think the county team will be much and such with Saturday.

Possibly Boyd back in defence, but unlikely,

McShane might make way for Quinn which would be a mistake, would rather see Murdoch get a run out.

De Vita or Dingwall?

If Foster couldn't play left back I'd rather see Holden in before Reckord, Reckord looks like he needs to lose some weight!

Franks is maybe worth a go on the left in place of De Vita?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De Vita or Dingwall?

It could be a bit of a conundrum.

Killie's biggest weakness has been in the full-back areas and in not protecting the space in front of the centre-backs. Even in the centre, Connolly had a terrible time in the 3-0 in November, then had to be subbed before he was sent off in the last meeting.

De Vita, even on recent, slightly off-the-boil form would be an ample test for Westlake. But Dingwall can offer a run to the byline (albeit more likely if he's played in), as well as roaming inside from the left.

I would like to see McIntyre plump for Dingwall, but I can't say he's made much of an impression in his sub appearances so far this season. Maybe Franks deserves a cameo but he has a lot of work to do to cement a regular spot ahead of the first choice. De Vita hasn't shown the sparkling form from Feb-April but it's only his final ball that is failing him, he's still mostly doing as he was before.

I see Stewart Murdoch scored for the DL team this afternoon. He had a ropey start against Celtic, but looked the best of the three CMs in pre-season before Irvine signed up again. He's going to find it difficult to get back in the team for as long as 4-4-2 is in favour.

If I was a Killie fan I'd be wanting Splaine to start. From what I saw in the last game of last season and the recent Kille-Celtic match, he has so much more quality than Hamill or O'Hara. I see that Robinson was out of the picture at Firhill - was he dropped or injured?

Kiltie, Higginbotham and McKenzie can all pose a threat between the lines, especially if Magennis successfully drags the County defensive line backwards. Magennis typically wins his duels against County - or wins a lot of cheap free-kicks - but their centre-backs are a bit more robust this season.

I'm confident of County outscoring Killie here but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1-1.

County pies > Killie pies.

But I'll test another one anyway.

I would start Reckord ahead of Foster, and leave the rest the same.

Rafa and Midge could enjoy this one.

Boyd will probably score (the bald one not the ginger one).

That Nir Biton effort a couple of weeks ago will have nothing on the screamer Jackson Irvine is guranteed to score against us.

I can't remember him scoring a goal from outside the box since his goal in Killie's 3-0 win over County a few seasons ago. Did he score any others like that for Killie? It's probably the biggest thing he's missing from his game at the moment.

We will lose two goals minimum. It's up to the striker(s) to make sure we chart some points.

Fell sorry for MacDonald, he's been pretty close to excellent since signing but unfortunately the goals against column on the table would suggest otherwise. Back 4 need to step up.

Should be a hard game against an organised Ross County. I hope Locke has sorted out our problem of leaving to much space for our opponents to run into. Feel we really need to shake up the cm pairing to avoid the same problems of previous weeks. Connolly has still to convince me, he was so vital last season as seen in the Ross County game when he was taken off we collapsed. However this season he has not been particularly bad but not really stand out ether. Ashcroft has failed and as such would suggest he be subbed out for Syne or at the least Findlay.

MacDonald

Smith Syne/Findlay Connolly Westlake

O'Hara Splaine

Kiltie Higgy McKenzie

Boyd

Archived