Weekend 21st-24th

smpar

Looking at League One, can't see any particularly short/big prices although I'll still go:

Stranraer v Ayr - Draw @27/10

Forfar v Stenhousemuir - Forfar @ 8/13

Brechin v Airdrie - Draw @ 13/5

Cowdenbeath v Albion - Draw @ 14/5

Peterhead v Dunfermline - Dunfermline @ 4/6

135/1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Scottish Prem, Skybet have Hearts 21/20 at home to Partick Thistle :lol: Also after their start I think Dundee at Pittodrie is quite large at 6/1. 9/2 draw no bet and 13/8 double chance are worthy prices too and less risk.

I was shocked to see Montrose at 10/3 at home to us (Clyde). We dont have the best of records up there although it has improved recently, yes we have a good squad this year but we haven't scored from open play yet and looking like we're still gelling as a team. Certainly don't think we're worthy of the 4/6 price at this stage of the season.

Swansea have recruited well in the summer and Sunderland are rancid in particular their static defence who struggled badly with Leicester and Norwich's movement in the final third. Can't see much being different here. 11/10 for a Swansea win.

Gillingham 2/1 at home to Wigan caught my eye too. They're actually my dark horses to be up near the top of league 1 this season and have had a couple of excellent scorelines so far (4-0 v Sheff utd, 2-1 away to Bradford) whereas Wigan havent scored yet and have Gary Caldwell as manager! Can't see them getting back up for a long while.

Someone in the midweek thread pointed out Newport having Terry Butcher as manager and they have had a poor start. Free scoring Leyton Orient should have too much of them. Even money seems a fair enough price.

In the Scottish Prem, Skybet have Hearts 21/20 at home to Partick Thistle :lol: Also after their start I think Dundee at Pittodrie is quite large at 6/1. 9/2 draw no bet and 13/8 double chance are worthy prices too and less risk.

I was shocked to see Montrose at 10/3 at home to us (Clyde). We dont have the best of records up there although it has improved recently, yes we have a good squad this year but we haven't scored from open play yet and looking like we're still gelling as a team. Certainly don't think we're worthy of the 4/6 price at this stage of the season.

Swansea have recruited well in the summer and Sunderland are rancid in particular their static defence who struggled badly with Leicester and Norwich's movement in the final third. Can't see much being different here. 11/10 for a Swansea win.

Gillingham 2/1 at home to Wigan caught my eye too. They're actually my dark horses to be up near the top of league 1 this season and have had a couple of excellent scorelines so far (4-0 v Sheff utd, 2-1 away to Bradford) whereas Wigan havent scored yet and have Gary Caldwell as manager! Can't see them getting back up for a long while.

Someone in the midweek thread pointed out Newport having Terry Butcher as manager and they have had a poor start. Free scoring Leyton Orient should have too much of them. Even money seems a fair enough price.

Having watched a bit of Dundee so far and how they play, very offensively with some decent attacking threats, most notably the very impressive Stewart, I’d say backing over in the goal markets or both teams to score in their games will prove profitable this season.

Ran through all the Scottish and top 2 flight English prices and there was one that stood out by far, Hearts. Would have had them 8/13. If that was Aberdeen at home to Thistle they would be 4/9 maybe and Hearts, in my view will finish 3rd this season.

Hearts single on placed.

Not really any other strong fancies at prices I would be happy backing on Saturday but Queen Park at Arbroath, Swansea at Sunderland, Ross County at Kilmarnock and Tottenham at Leicester may offer some value.

Chelsea at West Brom and Arsenal v Liverpool stand out on Sunday and Monday.

For Chelsea its must win and the price of 4/6 is certainly based on 2 poor performances and results but expect Mourinho to “rally the troops” and probably grind out a win.

Arsenal were back to their best at Selhurst Park with some lovely, intricate football while Liverpool have been fortunate to edge both their games. Would have hoped to get Arsenal at closer to evens but that said the bookies have this spot on in my view. Expect Arsenal to win with a bit to spare based on viewing both sides twice already so far.

Might double these 2 or even include Man U v Newcastle as a long weekend TV treble.

HEARTS v Partick

Norwich v STOKE

Sunderland v SWANSEA

Everton v MAN CITY.

£10 pays £203.

As has been said, Hearts at 21/20 is a great price. So are Swansea at 21/20 to win at Sunderland. If Man city play well, they win easily every week and I fancy Stoke to do well this season so 9/5 is too good for me to turn down.

Man Utd

Swansea

Stoke

West Ham

Hearts

Ross c

Dunfermline

Inverness

335/1

Raith

East Fife

Leyton Orient

Gillingham

Hartlepool

Walsall v Coventry Draw

Fleetwood v Colchester Draw

Chesterfield v Rochdale Draw

2210/1

Top one looks decent

Middlesbrough v Bristol City

Hearts v Partick Thistle

Peterhead v Dunfermline

Three sides that have made solid starts to their respective league campaigns. Hearts are a great price at 21/20 as already mentioned, Dunfermline look like they're going to tear apart League One and Bristol City have had a pretty poor start since being promoted to the Championship so I'd be surprised if 'Boro didn't win that one.

Treble pays 4.37/1 with Skybet.

Archived