Non-organised football.

T Jenkins

One of the greatest joys as a kid was having a kick about in the park with your mates, now it all seems to be organised.

As a slightly older guy I haven't had an impromptu kick about for ages, probably over 20 years tbh.

Yesterday afternoon me & a couple of mates had a game of headers & volleys. Alan was in goal and I hit a nice cross into the box, my other mate, Benny, pulled off an amazing overhead kick that not only eluded Alan, but also knocked my motorbike over.

When was the last time you had a kick about?

Last had a kickabout last summer. Now seems to be a case of:

'Gary can't make it tonight, how about Tuesday?'

'Matt's got climbing that night? Next week maybe?'

... Nothing happens. Sadly the same seems to apply going for a pint. :(

Hedge, seems you misunderstood. If you are expecting people to turn up, it's not impromptu, when was the last time you & your mates thought- let's have a game of World Cup? Fives is organised as you need to book pitch etc.... Not trying to sound harsh.

Last had a kickabout last summer. Now seems to be a case of:

'Gary can't make it tonight, how about Tuesday?'

'Matt's got climbing that night? Next week maybe?'

... Nothing happens. Sadly the same seems to apply going for a pint. :(

Have you thought of trying some deodorant?

Interesting fact No. 387, Grimbo.

Michelle Herbert who played Trisha Yates moved to Dundee in the early 1990s to bring up her family, where she works alongside her husband running their family glazing business.

https://grangehillgold.wordpress.com/features/where-are-they-now/

Well I never would have seen through that, cheers Mozbo.

How's her curtains these days?

Grimbo

I went to T in the Park aged 9, took a baw with me. There must have been at least 100 folk playing a game of "pick the ball up, boot it somewhere and let the next guy do the same thing." Remarkably, I came home with said football. What a fucking day.

It doesn't even happen with kids now. I remember about 20 years ago going down to the Howard Park in Kilmarnock with a few friends and ending up in a 20-aside match which lasted about 3 hours. I can't remember the last time I saw that happen. Kids are too busy with their tablets, phones and sky TVs.

Archived