Celtic v St Johnstone 29/8/15

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've conceded in the opening 20 minutes in every game this season.

Can see us being 2-0 down by the break, losing an early second half goal before doing our usual and turning into world beaters in the last half hour.

Finishes 3-2 with O'Halloran turning Izaguirre into a shivering wreck

We've conceded in the opening 20 minutes in every game this season.

Can see us being 2-0 down by the break, losing an early second half goal before doing our usual and turning into world beaters in the last half hour.

Finishes 3-2 with O'Halloran turning Izaguirre into a shivering wreck

:D

St Johnstone very rarely give us an easy game, even after beating Barcelona in 2012 we huffed and puffed to a 1-1 draw at CP with you guys

The Malmo game whatever way it pans out will take a huge amount out the team so I'd take any sort of win here

Would be good if celtic lose 3-2 against malmo then sneak through after extra time so they're a bit knackered. We would then deservedly get £150k for our part in celtic making the group stages. We then spend the money on securing Danny Swanson, who comes off the bench to score the winner at Celtic Park. A great tale of giving that those charitable celtic fans should appreciate :)

This will be the biggest roasting a celtic left back will have all season as Michael O'Halloran tears him to shreds time after time. Saints players have to forget it's celtic and think of it as a team full of hibs and utd players - GMS, Armstrong, Allan and Griffiths are all decent but shouldn't cause any sleepless nights. If we weren't leaking goals and a bit dodgy at the back this season then I'd fancy us to sneak a good result.

As it is we'll probably have to settle for a draw.

Mannus

Shaughnessy Mackay Scobbie Easton

MOH Millar Davidson Wotherspoon

Goal machine Maclean

Goal machine Cummins

Though I would be tempted to bring in Brad McKay in place of Scobbie to add pace to our back 4 against celtic. However, Tommy will likely stick with the back 4 from the past few weeks.

I'd like to see Ronny go with much the same team as yesterday.

That particular line-up wouldn't beat St. Johnstone. No disrespect to Celtic, but they don't have clever enough players or quick enough thinkers.

As for the game itself, I think we can afford to let the full-backs overlap the wingers.

That gung-ho approach is riskier in Europe. We simply couldn't get away with it against teams like Alashkert. However, we never really encounter the same problem in Scotland.

Will Efe Ambrose play? I suggest we just get MOH to run at him?

Fingers crossed Celtic get through in the CL, as you have to think their minds might be on that instead of this game. Would take a draw tbh.

10-0 saints.

Maclean with them all.

#gayformacca

Nah Scobbie will probably play so that's at least 1 goal for Griffiths as he misses an interception. Wait that sounds familiar.

Really looking forward to this one. Without a doubt the best away day of the season.

The view of the game for away supporters is superb. The stewards and Police treat the away fans like royalty and the atmosphere generated by the 60,000 people in the stadium is electric.

Really looking forward to this one. Without a doubt the best away day of the season.

The view of the game for away supporters is superb. The stewards and Police treat the away fans like royalty and the atmosphere generated by the 60,000 people in the stadium is electric.

I quite agree going there is such a highlight for a visiting supporter :wacko: . Unfortunatly unable to make it. Just hope it is a simmilar result to our last visit.

Archived