MOTD thread 2015/16

nelsjfc

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonathan Pearce, chairman of the Defoe fanboy club. They shouldn't have been level with the chances at half time as Defoe was offside for the header. That and 'not being very good at finishing' being one of the reasons why they're shit in the first place.

Pearce is an absolute abomination of a commentator. Worst around, by some distance in my opinion.

"that Defoe chance wouldn't have counted, it was flagged offside"

Followed up by

"Sunderland should be level at 2-2, had Defoe taken his chances"

I have an irrational hatred for the man. He seems to consistantly commentate on an alternative reality.

Point in case; calling Lens offside at Sunderland's disallowed goal, when you could quite clearly see he was onside.

Stick to Robot Wars Johnathan ya w**k.

The despicable Pearce showing he knows f**k all yet again with that comment about Defoe. 'Sunderland should be back at 2 all had Defoe taken his late 2 chances.' Well, no. It would have been a different game as soon as Defoe had scored the first and highly unlikely he would have got the second chance, which was flagged offside anyway.

It's as bad as the 'we beat x who beat y who beat Barcelona so we're better than Barca' playground stuff. How he is a professional commentator is baffling.

Pearce is an absolute abomination of a commentator. Worst around, by some distance in my opinion.

"that Defoe chance wouldn't have counted, it was flagged offside"

Followed up by

"Sunderland should be level at 2-2, had Defoe taken his chances"

The despicable Pearce showing he knows f**k all yet again with that comment about Defoe. 'Sunderland should be back at 2 all had Defoe taken his late 2 chances.' Well, no. It would have been a different game as soon as Defoe had scored the first and highly unlikely he would have got the second chance, which was flagged offside anyway.

It's as bad as the 'we beat x who beat y who beat Barcelona so we're better than Barca' playground stuff. How he is a professional commentator is baffling.

You can tell that Keown is just cornetting left right and centre at Pearce.

'Which replay are we meant to believe!?!?!?!'

Erm, it's 2 separate instances you fucking bumbling idiot.

'If the referee has any doubt it shouldn't be given'.

Why would he have any doubt? The system indicates to him that it's a fucking goal.

He is the worst commentator out there, and I include Andy Walker in that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feel sorry for Federici being thrown in for his debut at City minutes before the start of the match, but his performance here is one of the worst I've ever seen at that level since Gomes left Spurs.

Archived