Doonhamers vs The Famous, Sunday 30th August

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At half time I thought we rode out the period after we conceded fairly well when compared to hearts last year where we conceded a couple in a very short space of time on more than one occasion. Then the second half happened and we looked like we wanted the game to end with 35 to go. It felt like Rangers had won before they even stepped on the pitch we seemed be set up to not get beaten that badly rather than to frustrate. I felt Marshall was the only player who played his normal game whilst everyone else froze.

We just didn't seem as well drilled to defend like we have done in past seasons when we've played defensively and the full backs were exposed when you have the likes of Beany and Harris there Dowie especially is a mid match against somebody quick and agile.

Perhaps being more positive might be more beneficial next time, we might get utterly ravaged but it can't be that much worse than getting beat like that.

Seems hammer throwers was more than fair

aChaUPq.gif

Cynical and deliberate from start to finish

One of our young players is going to get seriously injured, just because they dared to show a bit of skill.

That probably should've been a sending off tbh, I'll let that justify the Lyle decision so I can leave my mind at peace. The seethe on the Rangers facebook pages is hilare though, your typical 'SFA CORRUPT' patter.

Anyone see the absolute cringe flag in the Rangers end btw? 'SFA AND SPFL ARE CORRUPT TO THE CORE' or something like that, more embarrassing than any sectarian singing IMO. I personally enjoyed the 'Same old Rangers, always cheating' chant which lasted about 5 seconds but was amusing all the same.

Everything about the actual game has been covered, so I'll just say that Rangers will win the league at a canter and we'll beat St Mirren on Saturday as they're gash.

If thats a deliberate stamp, its the worst attempt Ive ever seen. You cant see from that footage but Im pretty sure Millar is looking where the ball has gone. You can tell by the way he stumbles that he didnt know he'd done it. Rightly booked for the initial challenge though.

Twitter has also been full of roasters foaming over it too

If thats a deliberate stamp, its the worst attempt Ive ever seen. You cant see from that footage but Im pretty sure Millar is looking where the ball has gone. You can tell by the way he stumbles that he didnt know he'd done it. Rightly booked for the initial challenge though.

Twitter has also been full of roasters foaming over it too

Just from playing football I know that in those situations you're fully aware of where the player is, but he's looking away so it's not obvious and that's why he stumbles, as he's not checking where exactly he's stamping. Not a nice thing to see tbh although the seethe is funny. Dowie did a stamp last season too IIRC. Fowler should probs have a word before we start getting punished for it.

I find it hard to believe that he looked at the ball once during the entire episode

:lol:

Very good.

Just from playing football I know that in those situations you're fully aware of where the player is, but he's looking away so it's not obvious and that's why he stumbles, as he's not checking where exactly he's stamping. Not a nice thing to see tbh although the seethe is funny. Dowie did a stamp last season too IIRC. Fowler should probs have a word before we start getting punished for it.

I dont see any "stamp" at all. He puts his foot down and stands on the player. Yes, he would have known where he was but doesnt seem like he was looking at the leg to aim a "stamp" Looks more like he puts his foot down as hes running, stands on the player and stumbles.

ETA - the seethe is indeed funny. One guy on twitter was off to the police to file for assault.

I dont see any "stamp" at all. He puts his foot down and stands on the player. Yes, he would have known where he was but doesnt seem like he was looking at the leg to aim a "stamp" Looks more like he puts his foot down as hes running, stands on the player and stumbles.

I think he deliberately does it, but I agree it wasn't exactly a stamp but I was struggling to think of a more appropriate word. :lol: I'll say he intentionally trod on him, which is more subtle but I'd still consider him lucky tbh.

If he was booked for the initial tackle which appears correct the panel can look at the 'stamp' as a separate incident if the referee confirms he only booked him for the initial tackle and never saw the 'stamp'. The panel would have to agree it was deliberate. Imo it was.

Archived