Doonhamers vs The Famous, Sunday 30th August

No and I'm not being biased either.

Genuine question: Is there a ruling that relates to "moving your head forward"?

I understand instead that Lyle was dismissed for "aggressive" behaviour and I would contend that nothing he did could possibly be construed as more aggressive in nature than Kiernan's actions.

There was no difference between Lyle and Kiernan actions ( deemed not aggressive enough for yellow or red card) until Lyle moved his head forward in a head butt movement that is why he was sent off. That was the aggressive action. Sorry but I cannot explain it any clearer.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was no difference between Lyle and Kiernan actions ( deemed not aggressive enough for yellow or red card) until Lyle moved his head forward in a head butt movement that is why he was sent off. That was the aggressive action. Sorry but I cannot explain it any clearer.

I know you can't explain it sufficiently clearly and I know why.

The decision was bonkers. Nobody could watch what unfolded and decide that one party deserved the ultimate sanction; while the other deserved none.

I can't explain it either.

Looking at it again, I'm really not convinced it's a foul, but I can see why it looks like one. The Rangers player actually barges into Dowie, but Dowie then raise an arm in protecting himself, which the player bounces off.

A case could just about be made for saying it's a foul, but as the ball wasn't being reached, it was no goalscoring opportunity. I don't think that would stand up to much scrutiny though.

If it was a penalty, it really needed a red card.

I think we all know why he just booked Dowie though - he didn't want to compound the hideously unjust decision he'd made moments earlier.

You've confused me in turn.

If it was a foul, it was a penalty. If it was a foul, it looked to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity so a red card should have been shown.

The yellow was a mealy mouthed cop-out and I've already explained why I think the ref picked that option.

Your first post states you think 'it was no goalscoring opportunity your second it was.

It was no clear opportunity as he was not close to be in control of the ball therefore it was a yellow and a pen. Simples!

I was going for understatement. The singing was of course downright offensive, but some people like to pick up on a word like 'offensive' and mock it because they wish to have the right to say whatever the Hell they like. I don't think they should have that right.

I'd be very happy to start a "What's downright offensive" thread but the responses would be:

Whatever The OF chant

Whatever an opposite team in a local derby chat

Whatever Plod says is offensive

There is just no way of having a proper debate about this.

I know you can't explain it sufficiently clearly and I know why.

The decision was bonkers. Nobody could watch what unfolded and decide that one party deserved the ultimate sanction; while the other deserved none.

I can't explain it either.

You are at the wind up and if you aren't you need to go on the referees course and before you ask ... Yes is the answer! Lol!

Rangers are going to win the league at a canter. I was really disappointed that the second half was ruined yesterday by the officials. IMHO Rangers would have won 11 v11 but it was shaping up to be another entertaining 45 mins for QoS fans.

Listening to the car radio I heard one of the pundits say that it was the 4th Official who called the red card and that Fowler had been nipping his ear all the way through the first half about the reffing of the game.

The implication was clear...

Apologies if this has been mentioned in the thread already.

Your first post states you think 'it was no goalscoring opportunity your second it was.

My first post doesn't say that at all . It says a case could maybe just about be made, but it would not stand up to scrutiny.

That means that I don't think it was not a goalscoring opportunity.

I'd be very happy to start a "What's downright offensive" thread but the responses would be:

Whatever The OF chant

Whatever an opposite team in a local derby chat

Whatever Plod says is offensive

There is just no way of having a proper debate about this.

Indeed, which is why I chose to go with the milder word - "unpleasant". You chose to be a bit of an arse about it though.

A few posters would rather criticise me for highlighting the singing, than criticise the fans responsible for it.

I think that's regrettable.

I was going for understatement.

The singing was of course downright offensive, but some people like to pick up on a word like 'offensive' and mock it because they wish to have the right to say whatever the Hell they like. I don't think they should have that right.

Offensive? Were they singing Spandau ballet songs?

Seriously we saw something similar with Alloa a team who got results against us last season too and expected to get them season, then not being be able to handle getting beat.

Last season we took the defeats and dealt with it, I suggest that you do the same.

Offensive? Were they singing Spandau ballet songs?

Seriously we saw something similar with Alloa a team who got results against us last season too and expected to get them season, then not being be able to handle getting beat.

Last season we took the defeats and dealt with it, I suggest that you do the same.

Nah, doesn't work Bennett.

You put four past us in a game last season and beat us narrowly in another one that was far more significant than what happened yesterday.

I think that there's plenty of evidence on here that I - and pretty much every other Queens fan - did not expect us to get a good result yesterday.

I've not even made much of the singing at all. I mentioned it briefly at the end of a post about the action on the field and that involving the track suited star of the show on the touchline.

The problem has arisen from those who think such things should be ignored altogether and thus accepted entirely.

Not made much of singing lol, its obvious that you found it hard to accept the loss and used the singing claims to point score.

I'd have mentioned it if the result had been different too.

I probably wouldn't have heard it then though. It's about spiteful triumphalism for some fans.

It was the fourth official who was only metres away. The ref was booking another player when it happened. The TV cameras captured it to confirm the fourth officials views.

My point was that Fowler was metres away from said official for 45 mins. I know what I saw.

lol wut

Would love to see you justify a single word of that alternate-reality nonsense.

lol wut

Would love to see you justify a single word of that alternate-reality nonsense.

" he pure showboated so he did, its out of order blah blah blah"

I'm assuming you're referring to the allow references...

Archived