Doonhamers vs The Famous, Sunday 30th August

For the Bears who watched us tonight......what do you think of a pairing of Ball and Kiernan for Sunday? I thought they seemed to work pretty well together.

Didn't really have much to do. Airdrie were really poor going forward.

Only Airdrie player that I'd give pass marks to was big Sean Crighton.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a tough test for us. I would play the team that started against Dumbarton if they are all fit which I think is our strongest.

Big crowd and on tv might give us a lift and if we get a result it will be a bonus. Just go for it, none of this shitebaggery please.

Hopefully Jacobs is back for this one because he was a big miss on Tuesday night. Hutton doesn't look like he has the fitness or the desire to cover a lot of ground in the middle of the park.

From the highlights I've seen this season Tavernier and Wallace have been getting themselves forward a lot. We already know that about Wallace, and Tavernier's goal record confirms this. I'd be inclined to go with three at the back and use Marshall and Kidd to try and expose the space in behind them. The risk with this is they are pushed back and spend the whole game defending leaving us short of players in forward positions. Although he "owned" Lee Wallace on a few occasions last season, Kidd isn't exactly playing with a lot of confidence just now, and might be better not involved (from the start anyway).

Perhaps this is the sort of stage for Alex Harris to shine, much like Dan Carmichael always seemed to raise his performance levels against the better teams.

Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a spirit-crushing 3 goal defeat, and an embarrassing over-reaction from our fans on social media.

A crumb of comfort for Queens fans is that due to various circumstances I have been to every cup game, in which we have been largely dire, but am yet to make it to a league game where we have a 100% record. I can't make it on Sunday...

Seen us three times this season and we,ve been pish every time. We,ll be lucky to get away with a three goal defeat.

Jinx! I hear ten pin bowling is a great pastime for a Sunday afternoon B)

:P

Another good omen for Queens if BPM's predictions last season are anything to go by.

His 2nd comment regarding the score as well. Someone should throw him a bone and give him the reaction he wants :lol:

It's going to be a tough test for us. I would play the team that started against Dumbarton if they are all fit which I think is our strongest.

Big crowd and on tv might give us a lift and if we get a result it will be a bonus. Just go for it, none of this shitebaggery please.

I would agree.

However, I wouldnt be surprised to see Russell back on the left with Conroy playing off Lyle in a 4-2-3-1. Im in two minds about which I'd prefer. I think Russell could trouble the Rangers centre halves and we need bodies to close down their defence and keeper when their in possession. However, Conroy struggles to get involved in the game when he plays wide and if Harris and Russell push forward it would occupy the Rangers full backs.

First half maybe sit little deep be tough to break down especially cos I think our starting 11 will be a lot older on average than theirs. Work off set pieces and possession football where possible second half if we still in the game then open the game up but I think if a draws on cards we should hold out and stay joint top.

First half maybe sit little deep be tough to break down especially cos I think our starting 11 will be a lot older on average than theirs. Work off set pieces and possession football where possible second half if we still in the game then open the game up but I think if a draws on cards we should hold out and stay joint top.

The average age of the starting 11 KB suggested is 26. Rangers is likely a few years younger but is it really relevant?

Archived