Buddies vs Livingston

Is this the 'report' that was mentioned? Some fans say they heard it?

Did they report it to police/stewards, or just mention it online somewhere?

I heard someone shouting "cheating black c##t" a couple of times from the West Stand; Steward never heard anything but then he was busy watching the naughty Livi Fans.

I'll be dropping a line to the club asking them to ensure that they make the standard announcement about racial and sectarian abuse will not be tolerated before the game. Other than that I don't see it worth making a drama about - as far as I can tell it was probably just one guy.Virtually impossible for stewards to identify unless you're looking directly at him at the precise moment etc. etc.

Find it strange that the guy near the segregation never heard anything as I assume he'd have been nearer than me but I suppose there was a lot going on.

First visit to the new St Mirren ground; nice stadium with plenty of street based parking. Pretty impressive ticket system by the way (albeit the need to wander around the North stand to buy them in the first place); good choice of catering as well if a little on the pricey side.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will have proof of course ???

Why would I need proof? I'm not making a complaint to the police; just making a request that they make the announcement..

Although noticing another poster quoting "Yet another unsubstantiated racism accusation" - is this a regular occurrence?

If absolutely necessary I suspect the club could possibly identify it from the feed for the highlights package?

This reminds me of the Rangers fans saying they never threw coins because no one filmed it. Why would Durnford be filming people instead of watching the game?

Its strange why he seems to be so bothered and then to say that he isn't? All I said was that I would be dropping a line to the club drawing their attention to the issue and asking that they make the same announcement that virtually every other club in the championship make before the game.

If the club want to take further action to try to identify the individual then I'm assuming they can check the security cam together with the soundtrack of crews filming the game. The club will presumably have all the proof they need; but if no-one draws the matter to their attention how can they manage the situation?

The reference to "yet another unsubstantiated racial accusation" implies that its actually a regular occurrence; I had assumed it was simply one guy?

As i said best of luvk to you fella, if theres a problem within the st mirren support i have full confidence in st mirren fc and their fans to eradicate it.

I myself haven't heard any st mirren fans be sectarian or rasist since the early ninties and if i did i would genuinely have to say something, which i believe other fellow st mirren fans would do also.

Fair enough pal; I wasn't wanting making a drama out of it.

As you say I would expect the management to take the appropriate action but is one idiot really a "problem"? Out of 3,000 I don't really think so.

I heard someone shouting "cheating black c##t" a couple of times from the West Stand; Steward never heard anything but then he was busy watching the naughty Livi Fans.

I'll be dropping a line to the club asking them to ensure that they make the standard announcement about racial and sectarian abuse will not be tolerated before the game. Other than that I don't see it worth making a drama about - as far as I can tell it was probably just one guy.Virtually impossible for stewards to identify unless you're looking directly at him at the precise moment etc. etc.

Find it strange that the guy near the segregation never heard anything as I assume he'd have been nearer than me but I suppose there was a lot going on.

First visit to the new St Mirren ground; nice stadium with plenty of street based parking. Pretty impressive ticket system by the way (albeit the need to wander around the North stand to buy them in the first place); good choice of catering as well if a little on the pricey side.

I heard a wee boy shout "b***k swine" as we were leaving at the end It was right at the exit from W2 His father gave him pelters though so I left it.

I heard a wee boy shout "b***k swine" as we were leaving at the end It was right at the exit from W2 His father gave him pelters though so I left it.

Who on earth uses the word "swine" at football in this day and age?

The other bit's bad as well, but "swine"? Really?!

Who on earth uses the word "swine" at football in this day and age?

The other bit's bad as well, but "swine"? Really?!

Actually he was advertising the New Zealand vinyard going by the name Blacks Estates

I believe Blacks Wines are really top notch.

There have been various allegations of a similar nature all since we moved to the new ground strangely (don't ever remember any (bar Gullit !) at the old stadium). I have honestly not noticed one single racist chant or individual incident of racism at SMP yet there have been various (all unsubstantiated) allegations from opposition supporters which I find odd. Granted I'm not cocking my ear looking for such a thing during a match but if it was to happen anywhere around where I sit I assume it would be obvious and would expect a pretty swift response from those around me condeming it. If you did encounter racism during the match why would you not bring it to the immediate attention of the stewards and / or police ? As you stated matches are being filmed for various reasons and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to identify a culprit. Just find it odd that anyone would witness such an incident, do nothing about it at the time then make their accusation on here. What good is that going to do ?

There have been various allegations of a similar nature all since we moved to the new ground strangely (don't ever remember any (bar Gullit !) at the old stadium). I have honestly not noticed one single racist chant or individual incident of racism at SMP yet there have been various (all unsubstantiated) allegations from opposition supporters which I find odd. Granted I'm not cocking my ear looking for such a thing during a match but if it was to happen anywhere around where I sit I assume it would be obvious and would expect a pretty swift response from those around me condeming it. If you did encounter racism during the match why would you not bring it to the immediate attention of the stewards and / or police ? As you stated matches are being filmed for various reasons and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to identify a culprit. Just find it odd that anyone would witness such an incident, do nothing about it at the time then make their accusation on here. What good is that going to do ?

I only mentioned it on here because someone else had brought it up.

In the scheme of things its all pretty small beer; and I don't mean any disrespect to those who have been subjected to racial or sectarian abuse; but I went to matches in the seventies when the abuse was unbelievable, including the "n" word, and included the throwing of bananas at player.

Many people nowadays will think such things are unbelievable and that I must be exaggerating; that is actually a positive and shows how far we've come.

This is the last comment I'll be making on the subject; its already been done to death and in danger of growing out of all proportion.

Were there not cries of racism when Jason Scotland had a paper cup thrown at him at Love Street?

Last time I heard racism from a St Mirren supporter was at Aidrie in the late 80s/early 90s. I called him out for it, and was actually quite surprised by how few around me backed me up. Changed days now, however, and, as others have said, anyone using racist abuse during a game would be rounded on immediately.

Were there not cries of racism when Jason Scotland had a paper cup thrown at him at Love Street?

Last time I heard racism from a St Mirren supporter was at Aidrie in the late 80s/early 90s. I called him out for it, and was actually quite surprised by how few around me backed me up. Changed days now, however, and, as others have said, anyone using racist abuse during a game would be rounded on immediately.

There have been a few isolated incidents but none that I've heard for many years.

Brian McPhee used to get some pretty bad shouts and we're totally unjust. He was a cracking player and by all accounts a good guy. He never did anything worse than score against us.

There was also a situation in hospitality at Love Street years ago when a guy leaned over the top section to hurl racial abuse at a Raith player and was banned for life. Which was nice considering the guy was a Rangers fan who had been given a table for four at hospitality through his work. I know this as he's one of my mates cousins.

Comical thing was, it def was a penalty so Hippo didn't do anything wrong. Think he was just bemused he was getting boos all game afterwards, though it added to giving the game an atmosphere.

I'm pretty sure the boos started after he was rolling about at the side of the park in apparent agony and then got up when Livingston regained possession in our half. As far as I could tell it was definitely a penalty.

I'm pretty sure the boos started after he was rolling about at the side of the park in apparent agony and then got up when Livingston regained possession in our half. As far as I could tell it was definitely a penalty.

Indeed.

It was after he ran into that giant thug McMullan and collapsed as if he'd been mortally wounded, only to make a Lazarus type recovery.

I thought the penalty was a stone waller.

Mullen is only a wee guy, look what happened in the prev game with him and Stewart though. Btw Stewart

Indeed.

It was after he ran into that giant thug McMullan and collapsed as if he'd been mortally wounded, only to make a Lazarus type recovery.

I thought the penalty was a stone waller.

Like Stewart after that giant thug Mullen half killed him and was able to play and pick up a yellow card for fouling Glen to stop him breaking through.

Mullen is only a wee guy, look what happened in the prev game with him and Stewart though. Btw Stewart

Like Stewart after that giant thug Mullen half killed him and was able to play and pick up a yellow card for fouling Glen to stop him breaking through.

Seriously!

I am so glad we don't play you guys again for a few months.

Archived