Queens Park v East Fife

Difficult one to call tomorrow and I'm still climbing down from THAT performane on Tuesday night. That was one helluva team display. Goalie looks a bit suspect mind you but thats the best I've seen at New Bayview for donkeys years.If we take the 3 points I'm sticking £50 on us to win the league.

Same feeling Ryan Goodfellow in goals has left me scratching my head a few times.

I'd fancy a punt if we win tomorrow on whoever wins this match to win the league.

I think we have a good solid squad with a solid bench too so very confident this season.

Just hope the boys are focused and up for this much just as much as the Well game

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult one to call tomorrow and I'm still climbing down from THAT performane on Tuesday night. That was one helluva team display. Goalie looks a bit suspect mind you but thats the best I've seen at New Bayview for donkeys years.If we take the 3 points I'm sticking £50 on us to win the league.

Get yer money out!

No complaints. Too many of our key players didn't perform well today and we lost two really soft goals from our point of view. We made it too easy at times. I don't think that there will be many occasions this season where so many put in poor performances at the same time. Credit to East Fife, they were stronger, quicker, and more incisive. Nathan Austin will torture a few teams this season. Can't fault the effort from the players, games like today happen to everyone and they'll want to bounce back down at Berwick next week.

I'd like to write it off as a bad day at the office but we weren't that far away from our last few games. Honestly, we were made to look mediocre by a much better side. They competed better, channelled our wingbacks/mids and pressed us high up the pitch which dragged midfielders back and away from supporting the front. And they knew how to attack on the break too. Austin looks destined for greater things. Berry's frustration at the end said it all for me.

Never mind target practice this week Gus; some of the boys need refreshed on short passing.

MotM: Baty and/or Berry.

I have to congratulate Gary and the boys for digging out a result in a hard fought contest after our efforts on Tuesday night. We weren't at our free flowing best but I would say that was because queens park fought and closed us down quickly. The first goal I would say was a goalkeeping error as the keeper should have done better with the first shot, he pushed it into Murrays path and he was never going to miss from there. Queens Park upped the tempo after the break and had a lot of possession, without looking like hurting us. Their passing from middle to front was simply not good enough. I would say we scored our 2nd against the run of play and it was a great solo goal from Fash. That goal came at a good time for us as queens were getting up a head of steam. The rest of the game was played out with East Fife happy to sit in and counter attack. We had another couple of good chances, and queens huffed and puffed with a good few corners but we stood firm. No stand outs today just a good all round team performance. A good 3 points as I think Queens Park will win more than they lose at home.

Cracking 3 points, top of the league.

Only criticism was the steak pie's were rank, nothing compared to New Bayview

My pie was rock hard and was just like gravy inside very disappointing, the win cheered me up though!

Thought at some points we looked one pass away from doing some damage, but our final ball was dreadful. Credit to East Fife though, I was very impressed. Young Ralston got zero change from Naysmith, and Nathan Austin was terrific. We just couldn't handle him. Our defence had a shocker today. The normally reliable Wharton was all over the shop, Gibson seemed constantly deeper than his teammates and Austin tormented Ralston.

I'm still pretty optimistic about the season. Just a bad day at the office against a very good side.

Archived