Scottish Cup Draw

Legend5

Jon. Finished fourth bottom of the North Region Super League last season with 5 wins, 6 draws and 15 defeats in 26 games. Scored 35 goals and conceded 49. Registered ground is Denmore Park, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.

In the first round last season, they were beaten 3-0 by Arthurlie at Dunterlie.

Game takes place on Glasgow holiday weekend, September 26, with a 2.30pm kick-off.

thanks very much coach much appreciated

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 160 Junior clubs active over the 3 regions just now - 64 in the West, 60 in the East and 36 in the North. That's going by NonLeagueScotland and the SFA Referee Appointments this weekend and their region websites. If they have only drawn 30 R1 ties then 2 mustn't have entered?

EDIT: Aye, there are 32 games in the West Juniors on Saturday; 29 games in the East plus Glenrothes and Dunbar without games; and 18 in the North.

That's 160 clubs. However there are only 30 ties in R1 which means an entry of 158.

Have you tried contacting the SJFA to ask them about this?

Aye, tallies with what I calculated, so 152 + 6 = 158; but there are 160 clubs?

So I'm just interested to know which 2 haven't entered, usually everyone does.

Does anyone know if the two new clubs, Gartcairn & Easthouses Lily got a bye as neither are in the drawn ties?

Aye, tallies with what I calculated, so 152 + 6 = 158; but there are 160 clubs?

So I'm just interested to know which 2 haven't entered, usually everyone does.

There was an article in the paper where one of the top guys of the SJFA said that two teams declined to enter the tournament which they're entitled to do .

In the paper last week and I can't remember which two it was, definitely one up north at least .

as someone else posted its a holiday weekend in Glasgow, possibility of players missing as it has happened previously

Stop the bus then eh? This should have been swept away years ago from junior football in the west. There's absolutely no reason why the rest (or anyone) should be lumbered with the consequences of the Blackpool illuminations.

Stop the bus then eh? This should have been swept away years ago from junior football in the west. There's absolutely no reason why the rest (or anyone) should be lumbered with the consequences of the Blackpool illuminations.

Exactly and another reason why our grade isn't taken seriously at times.

It's semi professional football not Sunday league .

I've seen fixtures being played on Xmas eve and Boxing Day but we succumb to this September weekend pish time and again in the west .

There was an article in the paper where one of the top guys of the SJFA said that two teams declined to enter the tournament which they're entitled to do .

In the paper last week and I can't remember which two it was, definitely one up north at least .

Glentanar from Aberdeen was one of them.

PtB

Ta.

Uncommon. Travelling too expensive?

Yes and no, it can be just as costly to get a home draw against a team from a couple of hundred miles away due to the guarantee that the home team has to pay them. From the rule book:

3. In all ties up to but excluding the Semi-Final stages of the Cup

competition the first drawn club must guarantee to reimburse the

visiting team the amount due according to the following table:-

Distance 0-25 miles Guarantee £55

26-50 miles £95

51-75 miles £120

76-100 miles £170

101-150 miles £220

151-200 miles £270

201-250 miles £310

251-300 miles £340

Mileage shall be calculated on the basis of the shortest single