Going Teetotal

Few years ago I used to be a party monster and would be out every weekend and rarely stop during the week.

These days Im lucky if I have more than a few tins a month.

No hope for me though, definitely getting the early on set dementia found amongst ecstasy victims when they get older :lol:

But if I can stay off the drink and drugs anyone can

I reckon after a month or so you'll readjust your preferences a bit.

I'm terrible for it. I can quite easily go 4 weeks off it, get to about the 6th and absolutely skull it. A Thursday - Sunday proper #darefest. All the money I saved, fucked. All the health I gained in the power bar, fucked. Me for about a week, fucked.

Good luck with the fight.

It's pretty embarrassing that I'm posting a thread about having a month or 2 off it as though it's a big deal which probably means it's all the more important to do it.

Cheers captain.

Not necessarily, like others have said it's entirely down to moderation. I love little more than a couple of cold ales come the weekend. Also skipping the pub lately pre game is grim. I think if it comes to a point where you can't control your intake or can go a short period without it then you really need to question yourself.

God booze is lovely.

I'm terrible for it. I can quite easily go 4 weeks off it, get to about the 6th and absolutely skull it. A Thursday - Sunday proper #darefest. All the money I saved, fucked. All the health I gained in the power bar, fucked. Me for about a week, fucked.

I can do that as well.

I very seldom have a drink. I do enjoy the taste of beer though but don't care about getting drunk. The last night out on the piss was back in February, and I'm off the beer festival in Motherwell next week. God help me.

Gave up for over a month whilst I did my dissertation. Didn't find it too difficult, saw it as a bit of a challenge but later found I wasn't even bothered about drinking. Hyped up my first pint back on the drink when the dissertation was handed in and felt very underwhelmed.

I suspect I could do it. I'm not a massive drinks anyway. Well by that I mean I enjoy it, but I don't drink in the house at all, it's all about the social aspect for me. Since uni stopped and work begun that's even less, probably a decent night out once a month. Can't say I miss going out all the time though. So I reckon in my case it'd certainly be achievable. Albeit there's no point right now.

Its all about habit, as soon as something becomes routine yer in bother. Unfortunately, I drink indoors, which is pish. Gave up smoking no problem, as soon as I really wanted to. Can't beat a few beers whilst the roast is on the go on a sunday.

hate drinking in the house, or house parties or someone elses house even if just watching the football, its never been something ive enjoyed as much as going out to the pub etc

now im older, im happy to simply nurse a few drinks in the pub, if i do drink, its something that doesnt really interest me anymore

Have done the odd 5 weeks off here, 4 weeks off there. Last done January and you do feel better for it. Have to avoid situations though where people are drinking though and take the car to the football.

f**k your "dryathlons" and celebrating it like and achievement however.

I've been completely off the bevvy, with only the occasional exception, since late January. I made an exception for a Stag Doo at the end of May, a night with friends in June, another in July and to have a glass of Champagne to toast my mum and dad's wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.

I'll be honest, I've not found it that difficult. The reason I'm off it is because of medication and I could probably get by fine with the occasional pint, but I drive a fair bit anyway and the new drink-drive limit removes even the incentive to have a single pint.

I've never been a huge drinker, but I like a dram at night and the occasional heavy night out. I miss the relaxed and laid-back feeling that comes with having a few instead of sitting there while others do with a Diet Coke in your hand, but it's more faintly wistful than anything else.

The one thing I did notice is that I lost about half a stone when I went off the booze. Alcoholic drinks are one of the most subtle calorie boosters.

I recently switched to Caffeine Free Diet Coke. So have absolutely no caffeine any longer (I don't drink tea or coffee, or indeed any hot drink). Looking to phase out the soft drinks as well.

I used to get drunk alone every Saturday night in my flat. Managed to kick that earlier this year.

If im saving up for something i can easily go 4-5 months without going out, But when ive nothing to save for i end up going mad.

Been out every weekend since May, think i need to start making an effort