Going Teetotal

Been "aff it" for the best part of a year now. Have a few pints here and there but nothing too OTT, just a social thing really.

Don't miss it one bit, although having not been at the football for a few months and supporting Clyde I feel the hardest part is still to come :lol:

Been "aff it" for the best part of a year now. Have a few pints here and there but nothing too OTT, just a social thing really.

Don't miss it one bit, although having not been at the football for a few months and supporting Clyde I feel the hardest part is still to come :lol:

So not off it at all then?

My entire social life revolves around it which is pretty unhealthy in itself. People would think there was something up with me if I stayed in and didn't drink, which again is unhealthy.

I try and have a dry January just so I know I can do it.

Definitely have the potential to go full on jakey though and I'm just glad I'm conscious of that. Have found myself having to stay away from certain mates lately as I just know it'll be a horrendous amount of peeving involved.

I am teetotal these days.

I find it very awkward at parties and social events where alcohol is consumed even on holiday now, i can never quite get on their level.

Im sure my girlfriend finds it frustrating also as we go out less and even less to pubs, the pub round the corner will boil the kettle for me, but pints of coffee takes its toll.

Don't go, no-one wants you there anyway.

Living in France, the availability/affordability of great wine means I generally have a glass or two with my dinner. Thinking about giving it up Sun-Thurs, but struggling to get excited at thought of drinking water/squash/whatever...

Ive not had a drink for months now, not sure how i feel about that. Doing the "Perth Mile" in two weeks though, which consists of about 13 drinks and 13 shots in a couple of hours, so I'll need to have some sort of preparation before that.

If I was ever in the company of someone who went to a pub and bought a fucking coffee I'd pour it over their stupid fucking face.

Also no-one who owns a pair of St Mirren pyjamas has a girlfriend so stop fucking lying to us.

Coffee should only ever be bought in a pub if you're trying to sober up or it's late and you've got the motor.

If I went into the pub and one of my friends asked me to get them a coffee I'd tell them to GTF.

We dont frequent fking sawdust on the floor shops you know

That wasn't too difficult.

I've not been in too many floor shops, my good man, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't serve fucking coffee within their confines, to a sits down to wee limp wristed type like yourself.

Coffee. In. A. Pub.

ETA in the off chance the rotund Mr Kay is trawling around here for new material. f**k off its mine!

Edited by Dee Dee

Or dont drink alcohol....

Going to the pub for a coffee would be like going to a knocking shop for a conversation.

I'm surprised you've still got mates to head to the boozer with, tbh. I wouldn't be seen dead associating with someone like yourself.

Coffee should only ever be bought in a pub if you're trying to sober up or it's late and you've got the motor.

If I went into the pub and one of my friends asked me to get them a coffee I'd tell them to GTF.

When on holiday/trips with mates when you're solidly drinking for 4-7 days at a time I usually buy a few coffees throughout the day in the pub, In the pub from noon to 6/7ish, then 8 till god knows what time in the morning, a coffee with a few sugars manages to keep me awake and going seeing as you eat very little. Never done it here though, never seen anybody do it here Edited by 1320Lichtie

When on holiday/trips with mates when you're solidly drinking for 4-7 days at a time I usually buy a few coffees throughout the day in the pub, In the pub from noon to 6/7ish, then 8 till god knows what time in the morning, a coffee with a few sugars manages to keep me awake and going seeing as you eat very little. Never done it here though, never seen anybody do it here

Aye, that's fair enough. I would always advocate the old Peruvian Marching Powder route instead, much more effective, but a coffee to liven you up on the back of a 15 hour session with nothing to eat but a kebab at 3am will do just fine.

It's the going out to the pub, when you're not driving, or on medication, and having a coffee that I'm struggling with, tbh.