Going Teetotal

Did you attend any social gatherings in that time ?

What was your experiences if so?

Spent most weekends in the pub during that 6 months. I found it easy at the start of the evening and utterly hellish at the end. Not just the fact that drunk people are absolute bell ends when you're sober, also the fact that after 2 or 3 cokes/orange and lemonades/waters I really had no appetite to keep drinking anymore. It was mostly shit.

I also found that people were very suspicious of me because I was voluntarily not drinking. They either assumed I was some kind of weirdo(Granted, I am, but not for that reason) or I was planning on getting off my face on something and didn't want to mix it with drink.

I'm not a steamer, but I can't imagine anything worse than a couple of nights out on the non-alcoholic stuff. Did it a couple of times when I was the nominated driver . Your gums start to recede after the fourth sugary drink, and how much coffee can you take in one sitting? Giving it up for charity is a step too far. I'd rather send them 20 quid and drink on.

I was in a pub with Fuctifano and Smurph and the latter ordered a macchiato which was served in a thimble sized cup. Was tempted to get up and leave

Some context, please. It was in the airport Wetherspoons (hardly a pub) and it was early afternoon. An espresso with foam on the top. Not like I had ordered a gin daisy. I did order a latte in Oporto but was also early in the day.

Edited by Smurph

Being sober and listening to inane drunken pish all night just bores the tits aff me.

They get louder and get closer to your face the drunker they get, they tend to sweat more as time marches on mixed with the stench of shit lager tends to make me feel unwell.

Then there's the arguments and fights, the tears and all the other rollercoaster events that take place during a stint in the pubs.

I dont know if youre aware, i was assaulted resulting in permanent disfigurement during a night out when i was 21. The event may never have took place if i wasnt drunk and unaware of my surroundings. And for the avoidance of doubt the assault was a unwarranted.

How are you disfigured?

I spent most of the weekend in the pub getting slowly drunk whilst ogling a succession of young barmaids tits.

On a side note, the wife had a cup of tea at one point and was mighty pissed off to find during her last big drink of it that it had been made with tea leaves :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...

More or less tee total for the last 2 years. Had a couple of nights out the last time I was home in October/November, and a couple of glasses of red wine when we moved in December. Not sure if I miss it or not. It was certainly my go to method of stress relief and I definitely need to find other outputs for that.