Raith v Queens

Would have been an extemely harsh penalty to give. But there are refs who would have given it without a second thought.

The rules have to change for me. We either go to a rule where there has to be no doubt whatsoever it is a clear deliberate handball or we have to go to the harsh but easier to control any time it touches a hand/arm it is a foul and penalty.

That would have 100% been given on the halfway line.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to RRTV for getting their highlights up so promptly. Here's ours...

Worst.Highlights.Ever

Definitely one of those handballs that some will give and some wont.

The highlights seem pretty representative of the game which was pretty even overall. A draw would have been a fair result

The rules have to change for me. We either go to a rule where there has to be no doubt whatsoever it is a clear deliberate handball or we have to go to the harsh but easier to control any time it touches a hand/arm it is a foul and penalty.

That would have 100% been given on the halfway line.

Have suggested the latter of your suggestions should be the law of the game, for some time now.

If it hits a players hand, it's a penalty. Simple. It would take the pressure off the officials and it'd be up to the players to find a way to ensure it doesn't happen.

I think the only exception to the rule would be if a player's arm was stuck by his side, as player's would probably start aiming for hands to receive easy free-kicks/penalties :lol:

Would have been an extemely harsh penalty to give. But there are refs who would have given it without a second thought.

I don't think he particularly meant to handle it to be fair but I don't think many would see it as "extremely harsh". It's not like his arm is by his side. He's raised it into the air, presumably to make himself bigger, and he's blocked it at head height. I think the referee would probably give that if he saw it again. Looking at the footage he was almost exactly side on to it and probably thought there was enough doubt that it had maybe hit Toshney's face.

Archived