• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see Fowler start with the following eleven-

Atkinson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Harris Millar Jacobs Conroy

Oliver Smith if Lyle is suspended.

Subs Brownlie Hutton Moxon Heffernan Coogans Russell Thomson.

We surely cant be as pish as we were yesterday...i hope. Need to get a win here against a team that will be competing with us for a top 4 finish.Score draw i think.

That sentence has been said in our last 3 match threads :lol: And the fact it's being said in yet another one says it all really :(

The Atkinson obsession resurfaces

Indeed. I'd love to hear folk's reasons for wanting to drop Thomson other than the usual "Atkinson deserves a chance" pish ;)

We won't be competing with anyone for a top four finish.

Either will we TBH. We'll certainly be competing with Raith for a position, but it'll be 5th spot not 4th. I said this at the beginning of the season and I've yet to be persuaded otherwise. The Rangers, Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk will take the top four position fairly comfortably this season IMO.

Go with the same line-up/formation as yesterday and I'll be putting Raith on to win 2/3-0. :thumbsdown

Big game, this. Will give an indication of whether or not our prospects have improved from last season.

Ryan Conroy will no doubt score a free kick.

Conroy has been awful for us so far.

No idea what performance Queens will produce a draw would at least stop the rot.

Cant see wholesale changes for this one. I'd be absolutely amazed if Oliver doesnt start though

Then we will lose comfortably once again.

If we go with a lineup along the lines of -

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Jacobs Millar

Kidd Conroy Marshall

2 strikers

We stand a fighting chance.

No idea who our best front pairing is as we seem to have an enourmous number of forwards on the books this season, despite the problems lying elsewhere on the pitch.

The Raith fans can perhaps enlighten us where to play Conroy to get the best out of him, because right of a midfield four sure as hell isn't the answer.

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Jacobs Millar

Kidd Conroy Marshall

2 strikers

No idea who our best front pairing is as we seem to have an enourmous number of forwards on the books this season, despite the problems lying elsewhere on the pitch.

The Raith fans can perhaps enlighten us where to play Conroy to get the best out of him, because right of a midfield four sure as hell isn't the answer.

Depending on who the two strikers are, you've only made one change to Saturdays team ;)

I agree on Conroy though. While he's been far from awful, he doesnt contribute enough from wide areas. Either we need to play a formation that suits him, or leave him out and play genuine wide players.

I think its a stick on that Oliver will start up front but I've no idea who with.

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Jacobs Millar

Kidd Conroy Marshall

2 strikers

We played him left of a midfield four for the most part. He still isn't going to cut to the by line but you get the most out of his crossing and he will contribute a few goals with late runs to the back post. He isn't going to give your full back a whole lot of protection on either side, even though he works hard enough. We tried playing him in the middle of a three, expecting that not having any defensive duties, he'd be able to get forward and support the strikers, but the game totally passed him by.

Archived