Raith v Queens

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great save from Cuthbert and a good headed goal from Bene. Apart from that it was a bit of a struggle. I've only seen us win games this season, which is nice.

Daly does have the look of a player who is finished, or as good as. Hopefully it's just a not match fit thing, but he looks done. A worthy replacement for C'lum. You never know, maybe he'll come good, but he can't jump, doesn't really hold the ball up, doesn't have pace. Struggling a bit for positives.

Match stats according to BBC

post-12169-14420760405729_thumb.jpg Put in spoiler to get the post smaller

Going by that I'm not as disappointed as I was when I heard the result. It would appear we were extremely unlucky not to get something from the game and Raith took their chance. Unfortunately for us, that's all that matters.

How did we line up today? Livescore isn't always accurate so don't wanna rant if it turns out they got it wrong. But was it 4 at the back again? Really think the 3-4-1-2 suits our personnel better and I've yet to be convinced otherwise.

I can't say I'm too gutted so far. If I'm being brutally honest, we have the exact amount of points I'd have expected us to have at this stage (arguably 2 more as I predicted a draw/win away to Livi). Some folk are maybe (finally) coming to the realisation that 5th-8th is where we will be sitting for the majority of the season.

Poor game, 3 points is all that matters though. Would happily watch that all season if it meant we got the win. Great save from cuthbert at 0-0 and think queens should have had a penalty for toshney's handball. Great header from Bene. Toshney and Benedictus look solid, if we can keep both fit and free from suspension we'll do very well.

We played poorly today yet still picked up the three points. Very little between the two teams, with Queens exploiting Anderson and Thomson having pretty poor games. Some header from Bene for the winner. Both him and Toshney have been excellent so far. Fortress Starks remains!

Very little between the teams. What game were you at ? First 30 minutes was a tight game played for the most part in the middle of the pitch. After that we got the game by the scruff of the neck and thought we were much the better side. A lack of a creative edge kept it level and we were undone by a set piece. Would be surprised if we finish below Raith on today's showing who only really had the long ball up to Daly.

Very little between the teams. What game were you at ? First 30 minutes was a tight game played for the most part in the middle of the pitch. After that we got the game by the scruff of the neck and thought we were much the better side. A lack of a creative edge kept it level and we were undone by a set piece. Would be surprised if we finish below Raith on today's showing who only really had the long ball up to Daly.

Going by that analysis, I'm guessing you weren't at the game? Apart from the 10-15 mins before our goal, you wouldn't have found a more even match, if you tried..

Right up until we brought on Megginson and Stewart which completely changed the dynamic of the game. In all honesty, Queens main outlet was Oliver. Other than that they were ineffective. Also, would have to say young Ross Matthews was decent in moving the ball about when he was subbed on for us. As I said, we played poorly today (probably our poorest from all our wins at Starks so far) yet still took the three points. Queens were hardly crashing our goal down with chances. Cuthbert made an excellent save but by and large Toshney and Bene were in control.

Bitterness is strong with you.

Disappointing not to get at least a point from todays game the team us just lacking the final ball and we just dont look as convincing at the back as last season.

Time to start winning before we start looking at the bottom half rather than top 4.

That's probably the worst we've played all season so to come away with a clean sheet and 3 points us fantastic.

Queens dominated possession and territory but other than the Cuthbert save, which was outstanding, I don't think they had any other clear cut chances. We took out one opportunity when it came.

We looked extremely flat today and there was a lack of urgency but defensively were solid. Toshney and Bene looked back to normal and McKeown had another very good game. MOTM was Cuthbert for me for his save. If that goes in then I don't think we come away with anything.

Another big match on Friday now and if we can win that then it'll have been a great start to the season.

Going by that analysis, I'm guessing you weren't at the game? Apart from the 10-15 mins before our goal, you wouldn't have found a more even match, if you tried..

The majority of the second half was played in raith territory. Rovers offered very little in open play and could have no complaints had we won the game. As it is we managed to lose a soft goal from a set piece and lose the game.

Archived