Black Friday is soon upon us

sergie's no1 fan

I have been eyeing up a PS4 for a while but as a rule of thumb I will never buy the 1st version of a console again after getting the chunky original ps3, that couldn't even play dvds!

I'v got money burning a hole in my pocket after a unexpected PPI victory. I am rid of my ps3, what sort of deals will there be on the madness that is Black Friday? Is it worth the wait for me? http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/roundup/black-friday-deals-2015-1294927This article says it is but if I order it at the end of November will I get it immediately?

Just now I can pay the extra and have one by the end of today but I'd be looking at £350 for the 1TB version ( including an extra controller ) + the £50 online subscription. So thats £400 before I've even got a game.

Anyone else in the same boat? Am I best sticking to the ps2 for a couple of months? Did anyone take advantage of any deals last year?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got myself an as new PS4 for £200 on E Bay. Bit of a risk, but the seller had superb feedback. I bought a 2TB hard drive for £70 and it's been worth every penny.

Batter in. You won't regret it.

Known my luck I'd end up with an empty PS4 box. Wee pikey guy in my college class sold someone a PS4 box for like £300 on ebay. He showed me the ad, he clearly said it was an empty box but people were still going mental for it.

If I didn't have one already I'd have purchased the customised Batman console. Absolutely gutted when I saw that!

Is it simple enough to switch hard-drives out of interest?

Seen a pretty cool Darth Vader one too. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Star-Wars-Deluxe/dp/B00ZG1TO5K/ref=sr_1_10?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1442000851&sr=1-10&keywords=ps4

Think I'll wait to see what kind of Fallout 4 bundles they'll bring out.

Asda in dumbartkn recently had a 3 day toxic stock sale due to the new modular, xbox ones where going for 250 and ps4s about the same, that was also the game bundle. Ie the titanfall bundle or assassins creed bundle so I assume that's about the prices they will goto come black Friday. Possibly as low as 200.

If I didn't have one already I'd have purchased the customised Batman console. Absolutely gutted when I saw that!

Is it simple enough to switch hard-drives out of interest?

It's a piece of piss.

I watched a guy doing it on Youtube then did it myself in about 5 minutes.

Just make sure you save EVERYTHING to the cloud/ external drive beforehand. The only pain in the tits is reinstalling everything, but having 2TB of storage is well worth it.

It's a piece of piss.

I watched a guy doing it on Youtube then did it myself in about 5 minutes.

Just make sure you save EVERYTHING to the cloud/ external drive beforehand. The only pain in the tits is reinstalling everything, but having 2TB of storage is well worth it.

I'm going to have to do this soon and am putting it off as I'm dreading making an arse of it.

I recently swapped the 1tb from my PS3 with the 500gb in my PS4. I don't have a large enough spare hard drive to back up either one to, so I found it easier just to transfer the game saves and re-download the game installs and patches as I go along. I think I've got a 50gb download to look forward too if I ever give Assassin's Creed Unity another chance.

I'm going to have to do this soon and am putting it off as I'm dreading making an arse of it.

Honestly, if I can do it, any fucker can do it. It's straightforward.

I think Sony have missed a trick here. 500gb was never going to be big enough of a hard drive for the PS4. They'd have made a killing on official 2TB hard drives. I ended up buying a Seagate.

Down to £60 at Argos now. I'd bite the fucking hand off them for anyone considering doing this.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

Archived