Dumbarton v Rangers

I take it you tutted with irritation when Hately scored against Aberdeen in 91; McCoist netted against Leeds and Lovenkrands grabbed a late winner against Celtic in the Cup final?

I never said I was happy Rangers haven't scored a header this season from their 38 goals.

I just think it's strange and believe there's arguments on both sides as to why it's a good thing and why it's a bad thing.

However, please don't take this the wrong way but, with respect, this is a forum with many members and I'd rather read someone else's opinion on Rangers for once other than yours. :)

Edit: Just to add... Dumbarton going up against the most in-form team in Europe right now. (Aberdeen 4th on the list so fair play to them for that)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the bookies have us up at 10-1 to win will anyone bite?

Cant see anything but a rangers victory. A draw at half time should be the first objective. Would play waters again at left back and taggart if fit. Wonder if we ll see a change in shape?

Yesterdays starting 11 would do, but if wullie came in for kirky or cawley that'd be fine.

Please put buchy, barr, jono,brown, gibson, fleming and brophy in a raw meat sexless environment for the week so as to be at their best.

Waters got an absolute roasting against Bobby Barr yesterday, hence why he was rightly hooked at half time. Morton were exploiting our weak left sided pairing of him and Kirky and I'm glad Stevie took action as early as he did. I'd dread to think what the likes of Tavernier and Oduwa would do to him.

I'd be pretty astounded if he got anywhere near the starting 11 for this one, Docherty looks far more solid defensively and hopefully he comes back into the team.

Is Routledge suspended for this one? I'm sure I heard it mentioned a couple of times yesterday he had reached the yellow card limit. Also, anyone heard how bad Taggart's injury is? Would be a blow to lose him.

If the bookies have us up at 10-1 to win will anyone bite?

Cant see anything but a rangers victory. A draw at half time should be the first objective. Would play waters again at left back and taggart if fit. Wonder if we ll see a change in shape?

Yesterdays starting 11 would do, but if wullie came in for kirky or cawley that'd be fine.

Please put buchy, barr, jono,brown, gibson, fleming and brophy in a raw meat sexless environment for the week so as to be at their best.

Not sure what you seen of Waters thatales you want him to start? I think we are pretty weak down that left hand side in comparison to the right, but Docherty is miles better than what Waters showed yesterday. I understand he is young, but going by how we lines up for the Hibs and St Mirren games I think Docherty will start.

Extremely tough game which I am dreading slightly. Hoping we give a good showing of ourselves though.

ETA - Will Routledge miss this game? Pretty sure I heard last week he was one away from suspension and obviously he got booked yesterday.

Nane of this shite bag material 5 at the back. we might aswell give it a go. Nothing to fear.

Brown

Taggart Buchanan Barr Docherty

Gallagher Brown Routledge Gibson

Fleming Brophy

Going 4-4-2 is our best chance given the rangers full backs go so far up the Park. having a 2v2 situation could be our best Chance.

It is an interesting stat, though. I'd wager our best scorer ever closed his eyes before a header

I suspect he literally did before one of them.

c1987 against Dynamo Kiev. He totally mistimed it and sent it into the opposite side of the goal from the one he was intending.

I like doherty, he puts in some great crosses, but at times I think he gets caught watching the ball and standing off. If there's a way to play him at left mid in front of Waters or vice versa, I'd take that. Waters wasn't our only left back to get booked yesterday, but I think he was left exposed at Times

I like doherty, he puts in some great crosses, but at times I think he gets caught watching the ball and standing off. If there's a way to play him at left mid in front of Waters or vice versa, I'd take that. Waters wasn't our only left back to get booked yesterday, but I think he was left exposed at Times

To be fair sparkys booking was a result of his own stupidity, not because of a late tackle or that.

Not really looking forward to this at all tbh. Rangers now have a decent manager and decent players playing decent football, which is shame as the past 3 and a bit years have been some laugh for the rest o' us. We couldn't beat them last season when they were a shambles, so I doubt we'll do it this time. I don't actually think they'll lose a match this season, in fact on current form I'd be surprised if they even dropped a point!

Enough about them though. I think Routledge's suspension will kick in the week after this as often yellow card ones are immediate. Could be wrong, but I suspect someone on here (looks in Skyline Drifter's general direction) will know. Not having him would be a huge blow.

I'd like to see Brophy starting, boy looked an absolute tank when he came on and he gives us something we don't otherwise have upfront. Hopefully Taggart will be fit, and I wouldn't be against starting both Docherty and Waters on the left, with Gibson more central.

With a bit of luck I won't end up sat next to a mental away fan who tries to fight you if you dare celebrate a goal for your own team in the home end.

1-0 Sons, Scott Brown penalty.

E.T.A The ref been announced for this yet? Better no' be Andrew Dallas. He's the only one of my hated refs we've not had this season, and he's by far my most hated. Arrogant, bitter wee man who's only in a job because of his Da'.

With a bit of luck I won't end up sat next to a mental away fan who tries to fight you if you dare celebrate a goal for your own team in the home end.

You can but hope eh? Same thing happened to me last season for asking the guys to sit in empty seats in the row in front so I could stand where I do every week and have done for years. That one didn't even have anything to do with us scoring or anything.

I know that all The Rangers' fans aren't the same. But there are a fair few that give them a terrible reputation. To the extent last season I know a good number of folk who didn't go or considered not going to games vs them.

The only reason I go is because if we were to get a result and I wasn't there I would be gutted!

Archived