Dumbarton v Rangers

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensible. You're a better team than Livi and they played 9-1 yesterday.

Thanks for the compliment, hopefully we will continue being a better team than Livi this year.

Last year, Murray would have set us up to limit damage. He did it against all the bigger teams. I suspect that our new Manager may have a different approach and I would venture a guess that we will try to play 4-4-2 rather than 9-1-0.

Apostrophe checker found no errors.

Thanks for the compliment, hopefully we will continue being a better team than Livi this year.

Last year, Murray would have set us up to limit damage. He did it against all the bigger teams. I suspect that our new Manager may have a different approach and I would venture a guess that we will try to play 4-4-2 rather than 9-1-0.

Apostrophe checker found no errors.

I'd be surprised if Aitken did anything different from Murray in respect of approach to be honest.

As much as the heart says, 'yeah, go 4-4-2 and make a go of winning it', it's just leaving yourself open to a skelping.

This is all about damage limitation, particularly the way The Rangers are playing, and if we can keep it respectable and not lose too many, then I'd consider it a relatively successful afternoon.

Enough about them though. I think Routledge's suspension will kick in the week after this as often yellow card ones are immediate. Could be wrong, but I suspect someone on here (looks in Skyline Drifter's general direction) will know. Not having him would be a huge blow.

He'd be hard pushed to be suspended for breaching the yellow card limit already surely? Six bookings = a suspension and you've only played 6 games. Has he been booked in every one of them? Even if he has he couldn't possibly be suspended next week. Suspensions for accumulated yellow cards take effect 14 days after the 6th booking.

Or was he sent off? If he was sent off then he'll be suspended immediately regardless.

I never said I was happy Rangers haven't scored a header this season from their 38 goals.

I just think it's strange and believe there's arguments on both sides as to why it's a good thing and why it's a bad thing.

However, please don't take this the wrong way but, with respect, this is a forum with many members and I'd rather read someone else's opinion on Rangers for once other than yours. :)

Edit: Just to add... Dumbarton going up against the most in-form team in Europe right now. (Aberdeen 4th on the list so fair play to them for that)

What a totally pointless last paragraph.

Lol

Dumbarton's best chance on Saturday is probably preventing Rangers from keepin a clean sheet. A fair few Gers fans seem to be frustrated with the performance against Livingston so with that in mind a really good battling performance could keep the score respectable.

To be honest, games against Rangers are entirely meaningless for us. They're expected to, and will likely, win. From a Dumbarton point of view if we can avoid injuries and we can avoid taking an absolute hammering then I won't be unhappy. I'd love it if we could sneak something but, being realistic, that just isnt going to happen. Rangers are playing the kind of football under Warburton that fans thought impossible under McCoist and they are where they are after the first few games because of some strong performances.

Our big games this season are Livi, Alloa, Morton and Raith. If we win more of those games than we lose then we'll be alright. Anyting we can pick up against the bigger sides in the division is a very welcome bonus but this saturday will likely be about damage limitation, keeping players healthy and not picking up any stupid bookings.

Raith away followed by Livi at home are far more important for us.

He'd be hard pushed to be suspended for breaching the yellow card limit already surely? Six bookings = a suspension and you've only played 6 games. Has he been booked in every one of them? Even if he has he couldn't possibly be suspended next week. Suspensions for accumulated yellow cards take effect 14 days after the 6th booking.

Or was he sent off? If he was sent off then he'll be suspended immediately regardless.

Including cup games he's picked up 5 bookings in 9 appearances. There was a thing in the match preview for the QOS game on the website a few weeks ago, he'd been booked in 4 consecutive games in the build up to it (2 league 2 cup) so I don't know if that may have had something to do with it?

Dumbarton's best chance on Saturday is probably preventing Rangers from keepin a clean sheet. A fair few Gers fans seem to be frustrated with the performance against Livingston so with that in mind a really good battling performance could keep the score respectable.

To be honest, games against Rangers are entirely meaningless for us. They're expected to, and will likely, win. From a Dumbarton point of view if we can avoid injuries and we can avoid taking an absolute hammering then I won't be unhappy. I'd love it if we could sneak something but, being realistic, that just isnt going to happen. Rangers are playing the kind of football under Warburton that fans thought impossible under McCoist and they are where they are after the first few games because of some strong performances.

Our big games this season are Livi, Alloa, Morton and Raith. If we win more of those games than we lose then we'll be alright. Anyting we can pick up against the bigger sides in the division is a very welcome bonus but this saturday will likely be about damage limitation, keeping players healthy and not picking up any stupid bookings.

Raith away followed by Livi at home are far more important for us.

Pretty good summation. The four fixtures versus next season's Premier Division winners are akin to the dog letting off a rancid fart in the living room; highly unpleasant at the time but we know we'll eventually be clear of them.

If we get a really strong wind coming in from the Clyde which happens about six times a season then all bets are off and the game could go any way. Pointless playing pretty football when the wind is taking the ball up to the longcrags. Rangers will eventually lose at some point this season and it's usually in the games where it is least expected. Anyway since we have not defeated them in the league since 1891 we are due a victory.

Light winds forecast.

I'd be happy just to keep the scoreline respectable at this point. Rangers seem a different beast this term under the new guy and I can't see past an away win.

Aye and given that their manager wasn't pleased with a comfortable 3-0 win last week I can't seem them taking things easy this week. Still, we can but hope and this Sons team have a knack for surprising us.

Aye and given that their manager wasn't pleased with a comfortable 3-0 win last week I can't seem them taking things easy this week. Still, we can but hope and this Sons team have a knack for surprising us.

You know me, blud, ever the optimist...

Archived