Queens Vs Morton

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like a black hole sucking in all stupidity, this thread. My thoughts are already shared on the Morton forum. You know, the one in which you set up yet another alias account to post in, only to be found out by yours truly and have never slithered back to since.

Difficult match to sum up - thought we started off well but that first goal....over hit back pass and I was always told to try and keep back passes away from the goal. After that we went to pieces - sloppy passing and third to every ball. Second half we were yards quicker and playing with pace and unfortunate not to score before Morton hit us on the break.

I'd be interested to see the stats from the match as we must have dominated with shots, shots on target and corners as I cannot really remember Thomson having anything to do or a shot on target to save.

Thought Oliver was MOM with Marshall and Kidd also playing well. Miller always seems to find that extra space with a turn of his body and was some of his passing almost came off.

Saying that we almost threw it away right at the end when Higgins long ball was blocked and Morton hit post with keeper well beaten. Luck on our side in the ball fell no where near a Morton player

edited Marshall for McMillan

It speaks to our qual start to the season that we're looking at this as two points dropped (same as last week, at that.)

I predicted 8th when the season starts and that still seems fair enough given that we're only on two wins, but everyone* is taking points off everyone else** this season so who really knows?

*except Livingston

*except the tribute act

Difficult match to sum up - thought we started off well but that first goal....over hit back pass and I was always told to try and keep back passes away from the goal. After that we went to pieces - sloppy passing and third to every ball. Second half we were yards quicker and playing with pace and unfortunate not to score before Morton hit us on the break.

I'd be interested to see the stats from the match as we must have dominated with shots, shots on target and corners as I cannot really remember Thomson having anything to do or a shot on target to save.

Thought Oliver was MOM with McMillan and Kidd also playing well. Miller always seems to find that extra space with a turn of his body and was some of his passing almost came off.

Saying that we almost threw it away right at the end when Higgins long ball was blocked and Morton hit post with keeper well beaten. Luck on our side in the ball fell no where near a Morton player

Who's Mcmillan?

That was a game we should have won but for very poor defending.

The own goal what was Higgians doing no excuse for it.

Then we get back level look like we will go on to win then Brownlie decides to let a ball go over his head 2 -1.

Then we get level again look like we will win again then suicidal defending almost costs us a 3rd goal the post our best defender.

We have not got a hope in hell of making the top 4

Higgins would have been better blootering it out for a corner than attempting something more controlled. The pass put him under enormous pressure though and that for me, is where most of the blame lies.

I thought it was again going to be one of those games that there wasn't much in, but which we contrived to lose.

I'm glad that ultimately it wasn't, but a draw is not a terribly useful either.

That was a game we should have won but for very poor defending.The own goal what was Higgians doing no excuse for it.Then we get back level look like we will go on to win then Brownlie decides to let a ball go over his head 2 -1.Then we get level again look like we will win again then suicidal defending almost costs us a 3rd goal the post our best defender.We have not got a hope in hell of making the top 4

Conroy not fit enough to roam, Brownlie not good enough, get Harris wide right sign an emergency right back, play 442 we will do fine

Team

Atkinson

Loanee dowie higgins marshall

Harris Millar Jacobs conroy/Russell

Lyle Oliver

I dont think there was much wrong with the formation today. Kidd did well on the right, the only one who struggled to get into the game was Harris.

If we are going to play 4-4-2 then I'd have Kidd right back

Thought Oliver was MOM with McMillan and Kidd also playing well. Miller always seems to find that extra space with a turn of his body and was some of his passing almost came off.

Higgins said in the post match podcast that it wasnt a back pass. He didnt expect the pass - looked like Brownlie meant it for Dowie but over hit it - and went in for a tackle expecting the Morton player to challenge. The Morton player backed off and Higgins ended up smacking the ball into the net. Still a bad mistake, but maybe not quite as bad as it first looked

Thought we were the better team again but conceded terrible goals.

Dont think the back 3 isthe problem - all 3 of them are good players.

Central mid is the misfiring area or me - they are not protecting the 3 and are posted missing in a defensive sense especially Conroy. Dare I suggest that we are really missing McShane and McKenna who covered a lot of ground and always tried to get back goalside.

That said our football is pleasing on th eye and we created loads of chances.

Thought we were the better team again but conceded terrible goals.

Dont think the back 3 isthe problem - all 3 of them are good players.

Central mid is the misfiring area or me - they are not protecting the 3 and are posted missing in a defensive sense especially Conroy. Dare I suggest that we are really missing McShane and McKenna who covered a lot of ground and always tried to get back goalside.

That said our football is pleasing on th eye and we created loads of chances.

I'd pretty much agree with this.

I like Conroy for what he can do. Right now though, he's not doing that often enough to compensate for the important things that aren't part of his game.

It's like a black hole sucking in all stupidity, this thread. My thoughts are already shared on the Morton forum. You know, the one in which you set up yet another alias account to post in, only to be found out by yours truly and have never slithered back to since.

So that's a no then. You were not at the match.

Archived