Queens Vs Morton

Having watched the highlights and being at game still can't believe the errors that forced there goals. We restricted Morton to few chances but fair play to Morton there an organised side. There first I can't believe but after watching it, I don't know how Dowie hasn't got to brownlies pass then i can see what Higgins has done trying to win the tackle but has to do better, knock it bloody anywhere. Second I have no clue what brownlie is trying to achieve get up and win the bloody header.

Bar that we played alright to be honest. Oliver looks decent, conroy was more involved, Jacobs continue to do the dirty work but like said needs to play simple pass. Harris is a bit of a disappointment so far, to worried about getting tackled

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, in the role, maybe but the players arent a direct like for like. I would say Jacobs is more mobile and likely to get forward but McKenna had far more "dig" about him. He was much better at breaking up play and putting the foot in.

Hair splitting maybe but I think they are pretty direct like for like other than Jacobs clearly possessing more of a goal threat. He's more mobile than McKenna was latterly but I recall the McKenna who first arrived at us being far more mobile and I remember him being described as a more mobile version of Macfarlane at the time. I don't think McKenna had any more "dig" than Jacobs has. I'm not yet sure which one is the better "footballer" though. Jacobs passing was terrible on Saturday but he's not usually that bad. Passing wasn't a McKenna strong point either though.

Watching the highights, the foul which lead to Queen's second equaliser was at the very least debateable - he definitely played the ball and not the man - but booking Lamie for it was ridiculous.

The highlights just emphasise my recollection of the game. Queens had a lot of possession but generally Morton defended well and when we did break we always looked dangerous. Queens are decent side though and I think will not drop many points at Palmerston.

Watching the highights, the foul which lead to Queen's second equaliser was at the very least debateable - he definitely played the ball and not the man - but booking Lamie for it was ridiculous.

The highlights just emphasise my recollection of the game. Queens had a lot of possession but generally Morton defended well and when we did break we always looked dangerous. Queens are decent side though and I think will not drop many points at Palmerston.

Yes, it is a soft foul. I can only think the booking is because Oliver is heading towards the penalty box, rather than for the tackle itself

I actually thought the highlights made Queens look more dangerous than I remembered on the day. Gaston was certainly the busier of the two keepers, although most of his saves were fairly routine

Yes, it is a soft foul. I can only think the booking is because Oliver is heading towards the penalty box, rather than for the tackle itself

I actually thought the highlights made Queens look more dangerous than I remembered on the day. Gaston was certainly the busier of the two keepers, although most of his saves were fairly routine

Doesn't look a foul at all from the camera side although from Main Stand side it did at the time. Only thing I'd say is Lamie goes with his wrong leg which makes it look like a foul and he may have banged thigh to thigh / knee to knee, before contact with the ball, Can't really tell from the footage.

In any case, the fact (I'm going with fact because only Andrew Dallas thought it was a foul) it wasn't a foul is really inconsequential. Referees get things wrong, especially when the referee is Andrew Dallas, it's a fact of football. Whether it should have been a freekick or not it's a basic set-piece to defend and you just have to get on with it. We failed to defend it properly and can't blame anyone else for that.

Archived