Motherwell's usual NDP pumping 19/9/15

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few excited fans wanting to extend our glorious summer by having a BBQ at the game? Sounds like a good family atmosphere to me.

Always Celtic fans who want to spoil that. Makes you sick.

Motherwell were shite but we did fairly well. Gills and Crawford were very good again doing 2 different roles.

The Well Bois were subdued today but I reckon the atmosphere would've been better if they were next to the Accies fans.

Imrie scoring a header :lol:

What an absolutely shite game. Accies scored their first real chance (Crawfords in the first half wasn't really a chance just great skills by him) and we only really had two chances the whole game both missed by Robinson. He should have buried the one in the first half.

We are a chore to watch at the moment too many long balls and nowhere near enough goals. How jake Taylor never got subbed off is beyond me anonymous again. A defeat in the cup and failure to beat Patrick next week and I'm firmly in the baraclough out camp.

Thought big Kennedy at the back was solid for us that's my only positive. I think accies would struggle without Crawford he's their best player by a mile.

Agree it was a shite game. 1st goal was always going to be the winner today. Didn't see it coming from Imrie mind you as he was pretty honkin' today. Still, another 3 point to keep up our good home form. Also agree that Gills & Docherty both had good games. Gills was my man of the match.

That tannoy :lol: Whit a red neck!

Back to the Dalek again.

Motherwell were shite but we weren't a lot better today. Gills and Dougie had a great game. Kurtaj needs to sharpen up, learn to turn quicker with the ball and be a bit more instinctive rather than taking an age to think about his next move. A few howlers from Ali today too.

We looked a lot better in the last half an hour but overall relieved to get the 3 points.

Thought Accies were well worth the win. Did everything better than us and had what looked to me to be a perfectly good goal disallowed in the first half.

We, on the other hand are utter garbage. Dunno what matches Baraclough watches but his views on the games seem absolutely deluded. Put Stevie Craigan in as the manager any time you like.

Big week coming up - Morton and Partick. We desperately need two good wins and nothing less is acceptable.

Time to go Baraclough. I've resisted the call for a while now, but enough is enough.

Im holding off until after the Thistle game. Didn't go today as I had rugby on, but not surprised given the way we have played the long ball of late.

Player recruitment has been odd at times as well. What has Jake Taylor to do before being dropped?

I think accies would struggle without Crawford he's their best player by a mile.

He's our playmaker and biggest goal threat, only real goal threat, from outside the box but today wasn't one of his better displays. MOTM for most was central midfielder Grant Gillespie, who I believe is a former Motherwell season ticket holder. Ouch.

Ziggy was the official MOTM, hard to argue as he did very well in two positions. Lucas barely put a foot wrong again at NDP, while Greg Docherty has enormous potential. Some very good play at times from Kurakins and Kurtaj but both can be quite frustrating and need to concentrate on the simple pass.

Lovely to beat the Well again at NDP without them scoring. By my reckoning they've only scored in two games here since we came up in 2008 - a 3-0 win that we celebrated anyway cos results elsewhere meant we stayed up and the 2-2 cracker when Billy Reid came a cropper on the high bar/dugout roof.

Not much to choose between the teams today, thought we were better first half despite Motherwell having the best chances. Ali hitting the bar was yet again another piece of his individual brilliance rather than a clear chance. Robinson really should have scored but instead 'magic' had an easy save. Second half much more even, didn't think there would be a winner but delighted when Imrie rose like a salmon to score, would be gutted if we conceded such a goal but not complaining. In all my years following Accies, I am happy that at this point in time and for a couple of seasons now, we are a better footballing team and one that continues to live within its means........wonder how much some of the Motherwell players are getting paid despite not even making the starting 11.

Archived