Sectarianism just part of the national game

~~~

Have Enrico or most of the posters in this thread actually READ the article seen via the original link, i.e. After the Daily Mailish headline! If he has, he's either twisting its content, is seriously confused or is claiming that the SFA are lying in claiming not to have provided support to Ajax's defence by saying that the F word is acceptable banter. While sectarianism is an abhorrent problem, this conversation really started from what reasonable people will see as a non story.

Yep. For all the SFA's faults on the matter, this reads like a made up excuse from Ajax. No evidence or anything

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way the board at either club would have allowed this in or around their stadium, whatever went on in wee backstreet bars and private organisations up and down Scotland and Northern Ireland may well have happened but certainly never in the name of the club

Aye celtic would never allow such blatant support of the IRA to take place in their stadium

My favourite bit is Celtic doing a lot to tackle sectarianism... :lol:

What next ? Tennants doing a lot to tackle heavy drinking? Benson and Hedges mounting anti smoking campaigns?

Suppose there is a view to be taken along the lines of "Why should the clubs bother to work on these problems when the countries governing bodies clearly don't give a f*ck about them?". Until the SFA/SPFL make it a problem the clubs have to deal with there is no real incentive to do anything about it.

It may be the morally correct thing to do, but morality and football don't really go together very often. Until it hurts the business side of the clubs, there will be no real action taken by any of them.

It just goes to show that the SFA have been built to function around the marketing campaign of hatred used by Celtic and the old Rangers to promote their clubs to the simpletons.

No wonder they could not bring themselves to allow old Rangers to die, the SFA would have imploded and we may have ended up with some impartial people running our game.

Don't agree with the idea of a financial penalty. A meaningful fine for the bigot bros would put most other clubs to the wall and an evenhanded cash penalty would have zero impact on sellik. Has to be points. Nothing else will have the desired effect of hurting the clubs and encouraging the fans to step into the 21st Century. But will never happen.

It's almost as ridiculous as Enricos posturing about how strongly against sectarianism he is yet happily sits/stands next to people who indulge in sectarian abuse.

It's utterly laughable. We now just need Mr "I have 6 years legal experience" to come along and keep us all right.

You've just given him a justification as to why he doesn't attend games, great......

Walks past every day, just enough to have an affinity with the club but not those horrible bigots

It just goes to show that the SFA have been built to function around the marketing campaign of hatred used by Celtic and the old Rangers to promote their clubs to the simpletons.

Does it, aye?

I go by parkhead regularly

Should I be a selik man ?

No, but Rico mentioned passing the ground every day during a post in response to someone saying he didn't go to games:

I'm actually flattered people take such a keen interest in my whereabouts during a game. Apparently I'm the only person who has posted in a match thread when their team is playing.

I'll hold my hands up, I don't have a season ticket, that's more down to finances though. I need to pick and choose the games I attend during the season. Already been to Celtic park on a few occasion. I pass the stadium every day mind.

Was kinda hoping this could have been a serious adult discussion, that'll teach me a lesson

No, but Rico mentioned passing the ground every day during a post in response to someone saying he didn't go to games:

If my post was taken in context, I didn't say I don't go to games, I said I don't have a season ticket due to financial reasons. I need to pick and choose what games I attend.

The part about me walking past the stadium is because they are my local team. I support my local team. I'm not a "glory hunter"

Archived