RWC 2015

The Gudderman

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted this has finished now. It was a great world cup and I've really enjoyed it. All Blacks are worthy winners, and of course it helps we did pretty well, even though the manner of our exit was fucking gutting. Still, compared to St.Mirren and the Scotland football team, the rugby team have been a joy to watch. Already looking forward to the six nations.

I'm gutted this has finished now. It was a great world cup and I've really enjoyed it. All Blacks are worthy winners, and of course it helps we did pretty well, even though the manner of our exit was fucking gutting. Still, compared to St.Mirren and the Scotland football team, the rugby team have been a joy to watch. Already looking forward to the six nations.

Agreed, if Scotland were appalling in this tournament I'd have fallen into an alcohol filled abyss. However, given the amount of false dawns they have given us I fully expect them to be absolutely woeful in the six nations. Hope I am massively wrong, but the past 10 campaigns or so back up my pessimism.

I was in Auckland yesterday, the atmosphere around the place was fucking immense, don't think the party has finished yet.

It was great to see Dan Carter sign off in style the way he did, answered all his critics over here who said before the tournament began that he was past it and shouldn't be in the squad.

Agreed, if Scotland were appalling in this tournament I'd have fallen into an alcohol filled abyss. However, given the amount of false dawns they have given us I fully expect them to be absolutely woeful in the six nations. Hope I am massively wrong, but the past 10 campaigns or so back up my pessimism.

To be honest, I'm pretty worried about the wooden spoon as well. As good as we were against Australia, I still worry about playing in the six nations, especially when we have no idea how to defend a rolling maul.

To be honest, I'm pretty worried about the wooden spoon as well. As good as we were against Australia, I still worry about playing in the six nations, especially when we have no idea how to defend a rolling maul.

We beat these Welsh players wk in wk out... yet they have an excellent 6 nations record... some feckin believe is all we need... none of your pessimism

France at home first game should be a gimmie

We beat these Welsh players wk in wk out... yet they have an excellent 6 nations record... some feckin believe is all we need... none of your pessimism

I support Scotland and St.Mirren mate, pessimism is a necessity to avoid madness! I think if we were playing France tomorrow we'd have a great chance, but France in February will probably be a far different proposition.

I support Scotland and St.Mirren mate, pessimism is a necessity to avoid madness! I think if we were playing France tomorrow we'd have a great chance, but France in February will probably be a far different proposition.

Tell me about it.... but if we don't kick on from this... we never will

Tell me about it.... but if we don't kick on from this... we never will

Yeah. A lot of it will depend on form and fitness at the time. If we can go into the 6 nations with Laidlaw, Russell, Dunbar, Bennett, Hogg, Maitland and Seymour fully fit and playing well, that is a backline that should worry any team in the 6n. Also, Nel, the Grey's, Hardie and Denton in his world cup form are a match for most of the opposition they are likely to face. Lose three of four of those guys though and the quality takes a real drop.

Maybe, but at the same time they have no more games between now and then so they will have to hope that any changes they make click right away, the only change for Scotland will possibly be Dunbar back at centre, we should be more settled than they are.

Quite a few of those welsh boys also exel in the English/French leagues week in, week out. Also bear in mind that there are four welsh regions in the our league, whereas we have two and one of them (Glasgow) have the majority of the international team in it, sort of skews the comparison of the talent pool.

The first XV we have available when all are present and correct is a very, very good side however we seem to always be two injuries away from a total disaster. Comes with being a small tier two nation I suppose.

Quite a few of those welsh boys also exel in the English/French leagues week in, week out. Also bear in mind that there are four welsh regions in the our league, whereas we have two and one of them (Glasgow) have the majority of the international team in it, sort of skews the comparison of the talent pool.

The first XV we have available when all are present and correct is a very, very good side however we seem to always be two injuries away from a total disaster. Comes with being a small tier two nation I suppose.

We are a tier one nation (as are all the six nations and rugby championship sides)

especially when we have no idea how to defend a rolling maul.

Since the banning of the flying wedge, the only time rolling mauls form is lineouts. Its not that Scotland are bad at defending against rolling mauls just that if your line out does not disrupt theirs often enough you face more of them. Get the disruptive 2 and 4 jump more often and they dont come down as often with the right body possessions to set up a good maul.

Since the banning of the flying wedge, the only time rolling mauls form is lineouts. Its not that Scotland are bad at defending against rolling mauls just that if your line out does not disrupt theirs often enough you face more of them. Get the disruptive 2 and 4 jump more often and they dont come down as often with the right body possessions to set up a good maul.

See in the final there, Australia tried to set a fair few rolling mauls and Nz seemed to manage to get them stopped and on the ground pretty quickly. No idea how they managed to do it legally, but I hope we find out!

Archived