New York

DDcups

Cheers to people who suggested BA, some good deals on there, think we will use them.

Just booked up to go next April.

BA prices were good, Expedia were hopeless to deal with but best price i got was by going into Thomas Cook. Ended up with split flights (Edinburgh-Heathrow) but got 5 nights at the W Lexington for £750 each. They pretty much gave us the extra night for free so 4 full days to take in the city.

Looking forward to it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been an ambition of mine (and the wife) for years to go and see an NHL game, I've heard the Rangers games are quite pricey though??

Cheapest tend to be about $75. You also have the option of going to see the Islanders at the Barclays Center (sic) in Brooklyn, but prices are similar.

I liked New York when I went but it's just so damn expensive these days. I'd like to go back at some point.

We ate in Hell's Kitchen and it wsa no more expensive gthan stepping out in a typical restaurant in Glasgow.

The Olive Garden in Times Square is about twice as pricey as the one on 22nd Street, and nowhere near as big. The one on 22nd is just as dear as eating in a posher place in Glasgow.

Many of the Restaurants in Little Italy and Chinatown are comparable with prices and choices in Glasgow.

So like Kilbowie2002 said, it's as expensive as you make it.

I didn't find NY expensive at all. Walked everywhere, can do so much for free.

You can have a great meal and drinks for 30 quid a head. Don't think it's much more expensive than Glasgow for food.

Booze is a bit dearer but comparable to Edinburgh and cheaper than London.

Archived