Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Murray's return of serve must be amongst the best in the world. The other guy was serving consistently at 135mph and Murray was regularly getting the ball back in play.

Before today that guy's serve was only broken once this week and he had played Federer. Murray broke him three times!

Great performance.

If it is Nadal in the final, think Murray might get a set, but with the form Nadal is in at the moment he will have to play some awesome tennis to win.

Guest The Phoenix
He needs to play Djokovic.

A Tournament win will do so much more for his momentum.

He's not ready for Nadal.......... yet.

Nadal out! This might be good news for Murray...

:D

For anyone that isn't a Sky Sports subscriber all masters tennis events are streamed on Betfair.

I can see both points of view about who he should have met in the final. He will be playing Djokovic and will have alot of confidence as he beat him for the first time last week. However he was close to matching Nadal last week, and getting a win over him would do more for his confidence than winning a Masters title. The final should be a great match and Murray will be hoping to get one over Djokovic again.

Edited by Loki

Why do you say that? On the hard courts he matches up to Nadal much better!

I think I worded it wrong, it was meant to say he wouldn't have much chance against Nadal. <_<

He does match up to Nadal well on hard courts but I still think that Nadal would have beat him fairly easily. He has already beat this week/last week and he will be more confident of getting a result out of this match rather than if he played against Nadal.

He will win though. :D What time does it start at???

I think I worded it wrong, it was meant to say he wouldn't have much chance against Nadal. <_<

He does match up to Nadal well on hard courts but I still think that Nadal would have beat him fairly easily. He has already beat this week/last week and he will be more confident of getting a result out of this match rather than if he played against Nadal.

He will win though. :D What time does it start at???

Murray has the shots and ability to beat Nadal especially on hard court surfaces. He played far better than Nadal last week in the first set until he had his wee hissy fit, then lost the first set. It is a mental thing, once he beats him he will be more confident in future matches. The Hard Court season is Murray's favourite and the sooner he gets the monkey off his back the better.

He's playing well - had a few break points on Djokovic's serve and it is slightly disappointing that he didn't get the break in the end. Was always confident he'd win that tie-break as Djokovic's serve hasn't been as good as his.

Murray played superbly in that first set and though it finished 7-6 he completely dominated it. He had absolutely no problem holding his own serve right throughout the set and Djokovic was consistently in trouble on his. Credit to the Serb for not losing his serve under great pressure but the clearly better player won the first set. Now, can he keep up that level of performance...................

Guest The Phoenix
Poor game from Murray there, Djokovic breaks his serve.

Can only be a bit of tension creeping in.

If Murray can control that like Tiger Woods does at golf, he can look forward to being world number one. Big if, though.