Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He is playing well against Nadal tonight. 5-5 in the first set and Murray looking the better player.

Anyone else watching?

Yeah, I've been watching it. He's played well so far, but as usual Nadal is so difficult to beat.

All those missed break points at the start of the 2nd set might prove to be the final straw.

To many unforced errors I'm afraid. I stopped when Nadal broke serve as that was Goodnight Vienna.

Done well to beat an out of sorts Djokovic right enough, fancy him to do well at the U.S. Open if he can serve well and consistently.

I watched it and again he came close to Nadal and, as someone above said, probably looked the better player in the first set, without actually getting it done. Nadal is incredibly hard to put away in points. Murray did well but not well enough. Hopefully the injury isn't anything serious.

As I said in the other thread, Murray has a real chance in current form to force himself up to 4th in the world, at which point at least he'd stop meeting the Federer's, Nadal's and Djokovic's before semi finals so it might become a bit self-perpetuating. If the draw for the US contrives to put him in the 4th quarter then he'd definitely be a decent shout for semi-finals on his favourite surface.

All going to plan this week in Cinncinatti.

Murray has eliminated Sam Querry 7-6 6-1 and then Dimitri Tursunov 6-3 6-3 to make the quarter finals. He will meet the winner of Andreev or Moya in the quarters and then, if he makes it either Karlovic, Soderling or Kohlschreiber in the semi final since Karlovic just eliminated Federer.

He's had a good draw for a change and Nadal and Djokovic are in the other half. Chance to make up some good ranking points here.

Is he up agaiunst Nadal now in the final? If so 3rd time lucky surely, I think he has now realised he had to up his game to match the people above him and it's working, seen a bit of him yesterday and he looked good and quick, aslong as he keeps injury free he will start winning the big events and be rock steady in the top 10.

Is he up agaiunst Nadal now in the final? If so 3rd time lucky surely, I think he has now realised he had to up his game to match the people above him and it's working, seen a bit of him yesterday and he looked good and quick, aslong as he keeps injury free he will start winning the big events and be rock steady in the top 10.

Nadal or Djokovic.

Is he up agaiunst Nadal now in the final?

Nadal v Djokovic semi is at midnight. I reckon he could beat Djokovic again but I'd still rather he played Nadal as he needs to get win against him.

Guest The Phoenix
Nadal v Djokovic semi is at midnight. I reckon he could beat Djokovic again but I'd still rather he played Nadal as he needs to get win against him.
Yeah if he plays against Nadal this time i think he'll beat him.

He needs to play Djokovic.

A Tournament win will do so much more for his momentum.

He's not ready for Nadal.......... yet.