Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Which clashes horribly with my 5s. A tough decision indeed, Murray was phenomenal today, I've never seen him playing anything like that, far more aggressive and the vast majority of his shots coming off. Should have broken Nadal in that second set but he can clearly get that break back when they resume, I'm going to predict Murray in 4 though.

There are two schools of thought about the suspension of the match last night.

1 - It came at the right time. Nadal had broken him in the third set and had almost done so again. He was posing more threat to Murray at that point than he'd ever done before in the match and the halt will cause him to lose momentum again. Murray will get a night to calm down and re-focus on doing all the things he was doing right in the first two sets again when they re-start whilst Nadal will have a night to think about the fact he's two sets down and a long way from success in a tournament he's already done better than he usually does in.

2 - The loss of a service break was merely a blip as Murray was way on top on the day. A new day brings with it every likelihood that the world number one will come out refreshed, with a better plan of how to play Murray, and prove it. A semblence of the Wimbledon form and three sets rattled off could be no problem.

Which will it be? Gonna be interesting finding out! He's certainly proved he's deservedly top four in the world these days.

As I said in the other thread, Murray has a real chance in current form to force himself up to 4th in the world, at which point at least he'd stop meeting the Federer's, Nadal's and Djokovic's before semi finals so it might become a bit self-perpetuating. If the draw for the US contrives to put him in the 4th quarter then he'd definitely be a decent shout for semi-finals on his favourite surface.

I knew I'd posted that somewhere. :smartass

I knew I'd posted that somewhere. :smartass

Anyone that watches tennis atleast semi-regularly would have seen that he was on the verge of breaking into a pack of 4 with Djokovic, Nadal and Federer. I've said that at least 2 or 3 times on this thread. He just needs to keep up the consistency

Hopefully he carries on this form in the Australian next year as well, because I think he could be a big threat there as well.

Anyone that watches tennis atleast semi-regularly would have seen that he was on the verge of breaking into a pack of 4 with Djokovic, Nadal and Federer. I've said that at least 2 or 3 times on this thread. He just needs to keep up the consistency

Hopefully he carries on this form in the Australian next year as well, because I think he could be a big threat there as well.

He's defending virtually no points from Melbourne last year either so should be able to increase his rankings points significantly which, even if not moving him any closer to the top three, should certainly cement his position at 4 for a while.