Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7983446.stm

Another day another title. Clay season next,not his fav.

what improvements do u think murray will have made to his clay court game? always been suprised that hes not done better, last season however summed his expectations up when he was content to make the last 16 at rolland garros

what improvements do u think murray will have made to his clay court game? always been suprised that hes not done better, last season however summed his expectations up when he was content to make the last 16 at rolland garros

i believe making the quarters would be great for muzza at rolland garros, nobodys gonna topple rafa randantickledhismam

Am I right in thinking that if Murray finishes higher than Djokovic this week, he'll overtake him in the rankings?

Murray doesn't actually have to "finish higher" (I presume you mean "get further") to overtake Djokovic. He trails him by 170 points at the moment with the Serb carrying 450 points from this tournament last year and Murray 150 points (though they don't actually come off until April 27th).

Doing the same as Djokovic here will definitely move Murray ahead (in a fortnight). In fact, potentially he'd even go ahead doing a round less than Djokovic if he lost a last 16 match and Novak lost a Q-F.

he's crushed his man right enough. losing from 5-0 up? might as well just go home now. still hope he manages to make a game of the second set.

despite fognini not being utter top class, he's not useless either. beating him from 0-5 down will send a message to the locker room.

-start quickly and you might have a chance v murray might be the message, or kill him off completely or else might also be it I can't decide.

edit: Rain?

Edited by theentomologist