Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

That decision by the umpire was shocking. Vesely clearly took the ball over the net.

Murray not playing well though.

Missed the first set, have you a link to this?

I thought that Murray was very inconsistent. Played superbly and terribly in the same game. Gifted Vesely a few breaks, but did well to put pressure on Vesely in his service games. His serve has been pretty poor since coming back from injury, but his return game is pretty good. He isn't quite there, but he is close to be being back at his best. I don't think he can be judged too harshly on his performance here at Indian Wells since he hasn't done much here apart from one final appearance and several r2 defeats.

Yeah it was a bit hit and miss last night. I guess it'll be future 20-time Grand Slam winner Milos Raonic next, who will provide a bigger test. Great bonus that Nadal is out too.

Some of the shots Dolgopolov played were stunning. Nadal again said he had problems with his back, but in the next question said he didn't want to talk about his back. Why bring it up then Rafa? Dimitrov will be playing Gulbis today which will probably be the tie of the night.

Still not quite there. His serve was imperious in the first half of the match, but gifted Raonic two of the three breaks in the second half of the match. Will go up to number five in the world thanks to Berdych's early exit and Del Potro's withdrawal will see him fall further back. Ferrer's out injured and may not make Miami. That would help Murray regain fourth spot in the near future however I can't see Murray matching last years win at Miami. Lendl will be back for Miami, that may help him.

Thanks to Federer's run to the final it is Roger that moves to fifth place and Murray remains in 6th position. Tomas Berdych drops to 7th. He is 855 points behind Wawrinka in 3rd. The draw for Miami is out later on today, so hopefully he get's a nice draw as he 1000 points to defend. A poor performance would see Tomas overtake him. Federer and Del Potro still haven't confirmed they will be playing Miami. Federer can miss two ATP events if he chooses, and elected to miss Miami last year. del Potro withdrew from Indian wells with a wrist injury. David Ferrer has said his muscle injury will be healed to compete in Miami.

The potential draw for Murray in Miami is Kubot, Lopez, Tsonga, Novak, Ferrer, Nadal. About as tough as it comes if it goes to seedings. If he can get past Tsonga and Novak, I think on this surface he will find it easier against Ferrer and Nadal, with both carrying injuries they might leave early. Although Federer could be a potential SF opponent. as he is in Ferrer's quarter.

Potential QFs:

1)Murray Vs Djokovic

2)Federer Vs Ferrer

3)Nadal Vs Del Potro

4)Wawrinka Vs Berdych

Then winner of 1 vs 2, then winner of 3 vs 4.

Strange one. Saying that though he was obviously brought in to help Murray get over the line in the Slams having missed out a few times like Murray in finals before winning and now that Murray is a multiple slam champion perhaps he is no longer needed.

Will he bother appointing a new coach?

He will probably play coach less until he finds someone that he is looking for. I can't see him rushing into a new coaching decision anytime soon. I don't think he has been courtside with Murray since the Australian Open.

There is the plenty grit and determination, his shots aren't there. He has busted a gut in the losses he has accrued. He has difficulty making shots where the ball loops low to his double back hand and his forehand. Federer took him apart with those shots at the QF of the Oz Open but Murray still managed to grit his teeth and take a set. The only loss that was really disappointing was the one against Cilic as he was blasted off court, but that happened on ocassion anyway and has happened to everyone.

It's his tennis ability and confidence that is letting him down currently. His serving games are even more erratic since his comeback. His returning games are just about as good as they were.

His ranking will improve as he had a poor clay court season, retiring in a Master in the round of 32 and missed the French Open. He then has no points to defend post US Open. Despite this he is less than 1,000 points behind Wawrinka in third.

I think it is Lendl that dissolved the relationship as he wants to play more. I think Murray made him fall in love with tennis again and he wants to play more on the Champions circuit as well as spend more time at home coaching children. Murray has not had a long life cycle with coaches. He probably needs a coach like Brad Gilbert at this point in his career, but he had him too soon in my opinion.

His potential is quickly evaporating. He is falling so far behind the players who were in the same position last year. Gulbis, Jankowicz and Dimitriov are light years ahead of him now.

Andy Murray is the last game on tomorrow which is set for around 2.30am our time. He has played Ebden once before beating him three and two three years ago.