Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I'm sure that's a quandry many tennis fans are in now. :D

Great effort from Ward. Up to how Andy feels re the doubles. He might just fancy a crack at the Bryans. I don't think it really matters either way.

Well I already have my ticket for that! :lol:

Great start for Murray breaking in the opening game.

The Davis Cup hasn't had as much coverage as it deserves - I only heard about it on Friday night and generally keep up-to-date with most sports.

This result is incredible, especially considering how low Britain had fallen to.

For those that are 'in the know' - do we have any chance of winning this tournament?

Quarter final is winnable, semi against Switzerland with Federer and Wawrinka looks difficult

Fognini is improving, but he's all Italy have. Definitely winnable.

Who'll be at home? Imagine they'll play on clay if it's them.

If they get through that, just have to hope one of Stan or Rog is missing for some reason when the tie comes around as I can't see any way past those two.

Great performance again from Andy, he's so consistent it's easy to get complacent over how good a player he is.

Do they play in the doubles?

Surely Murray can beat them both on his day and so a doubles win against whoever they've got is all we would need to muster?

They do tend to play in the doubles, but they could be beaten - especially given that it would be in Britain - although I don't know what surface you would go for.

Fognini is improving, but he's all Italy have. Definitely winnable.

Who'll be at home? Imagine they'll play on clay if it's them.

If they get through that, just have to hope one of Stan or Rog is missing for some reason when the tie comes around as I can't see any way past those two.

Great performance again from Andy, he's so consistent it's easy to get complacent over how good a player he is.

Seppi is also a decent player on clay as well. Given that it's in Italy they will almost certainly take a clay court but at a good time of the year as it will also double as warm up for the clay court season for Murray.

Seppi is also a decent player on clay as well. Given that it's in Italy they will almost certainly take a clay court but at a good time of the year as it will also double as warm up for the clay court season for Murray.

Was about to mention Seppi but you've done it for me. In a lot of ways it's a similar scenario that Britain face in that tie. It'll be on clay, Murray will be strong favourite to take two points with Ward (or another, but likely Ward after Friday surely) the underdog in the other singles ties.

Seppi and Fognini played the doubles together too. Dom Inglot + partner beat Seppi + partner in R1 of the Australian Open this year already. Could be close.