Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He's still in the doubles, though.

He got beat in the doubles today by Peya/Soares who were number one seeds.

As for the removal of line judges that will not happen in the forseeable future. The hawkeye technology isn't that instant, and there is more data getting recorded and tallied in a tennis match than a football match. Technological failure of the Hawkeye system has occurred and in that instances matches would be delayed even further. Until hawkeye can read the data instantly communicate an out to the Umpire, for him to call it before the next shot is played, sometimes less than one second, line judges are the quickest and most accurate judging system.

He has been confirmed as the fourth seed at the Australian Open. Slipping down to fifth could have been tricky. With a final appearance to defend he could slip one or two places in the next couple of weeks. Although he doesn't really have a lot of points to defend until the Grass Court season (barring Miami Masters) so he should be able to consolidate third place going into Wimbledon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him elevated in seeding at Wimbledon.

I think the AO draw is done on Friday, so that will be interesting.

No hope for Murray in Oz, not after he couldn't serve right in Qatar, a shame really coz i am getting sick and fed up with tennis when it's 99% a cert that Nadal-Djoko reach the final

want to see them getting beat but it's nearly impossible, Federer is done and the rest are all mental gimps.

Murray beat Djokovic in the final of Wimbledon only six months ago, so it's not "nearly impossible". Also last year's US Open final was the first between Nadal and Djokovic since the 2012 French Open.

I do agree though that Murray chances of winning aren't great. He's come back too late to actually get back into the groove. If he makes the semis I think he'll have done brilliantly.

Nice draw for Murray. LOL. Seeded to face the following:

16: Isner, Q: Federer, S: Nadal, F: Djokovic.

Although I would expect Tsonga to beat Federer in the last 16 if they play each other. The QF lineups if the top eight seeds don't fall should be fascinating. Berdych Vs Ferrer, Nadal Vs Del Potro, Murray Vs Federer and Wawrinka Vs Djokovic.

He hasn't got much competition in his quarter, I would be surprised to see him exit early. Although Isner can be very tricky he hasn't much of a game apart from his serve. Andy has coped with his serve and read it well in previous encounters. Federer has lost all grand slam matches in the recent past where he has had a long match in the previous round. I can forsee a long encounter between Fed and Tsonga in the last 16.

I don't think he is fully fit yet, but I am not sure he has fully committed himself to winning matches currently. I would expect him to be business very early to conserve himself for tougher matches.

He's got a pretty good draw really. In Australia you'd rather be in Nadal's half than Djokovic, and I'd fancy Murray's chances against Federer more than against most of the other players he could have been seeded to face in the quarters. Whether he is fit enough/sharp enough to make the most of it we will see, but he couldn't have hoped for much better.

Think Murray can make QF but Tsonga will wipe him out,

Federer will lose in 3rd round to Verdasco and if not him, then 4R to Tsonga, I'd bet anything on it

Tsonga has beaten Murray once in an ATP match. Murray has eight wins. I couldn't see a wipe out occurring. His one victory did come at Melbourne in 2008 on his way to becoming the last unseeded player to make a Grand Slam final.

Yeah the draw is tough on paper, but as I mentioned before his quarter isn't that bad at all. He would want to face Federer before Wawrinka or Berdych. He has already beaten Nadal in Australia and took him to five sets as a scrawny teenager. Murray starts his campaign tonight (very early tomorrow morning not before 6am) against Soeda an opponent he has never played before. Soeda has lost all 11 matches against top 10 opposition.

Good win for Andy and up next for him is Vincent Millot on Thursday.

Millot beat Odesnik in 5 sets (7-5 4-6 6-7 6-1 6-3).

His expected last 16 opponent Isner is out after losing the first 2 sets 6-2 7-6 against Klizan he retired with a ankle injury but he expects to be fit for the Davis Cup tie against GB.