Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Nadal has a tough draw, although his semi final could be quite easy as he is seeded to face Ferrer/Gasquet. Ferrer has been playing horribly in the recent past but has beaten Nadal on a hard surface in a slam, so you never know. Facing Isner in a last 16 match and then Federer in a QF could easily see him play two long matches.

Murray's draw is okay and doesn't really get tricky until the QF where he is seeded to meet Tomas Berdych. Although and interesting last 16 match could see Berdych face Wawrinka. Either player could be tricky for Murray. Murray would be seeded to face Novak in the semi finals and Nadal in the Final. Almagro is a nice last 16 opponent on hard surfaces.

Murray has played Llodra at Flushing Meadows before on route to reaching his first grand slam final in 2008. Llodra took a set, however Murray dispatched him losing only six games in last year's Aussie Open.

In summary Novak shouldn't have much trouble until he is seeded to face Del Potro, although his wrist has been hindering him in Cinci. Likewise Murray should see himself though to the quarters. Nadal will have the hardest quarter final opponent, but if Roger's back is still giving him trouble he might not make it that far.

Nadal is looking invincible currently, but under pressure his error count has gone up considerably. Federer should have beaten him in Cinci and he will see it as a good opportunity to gain a spot of revenge.

• 3 weeks later...

post-45146-0-18588000-1378993719_thumb.j

Borna Coric who plays Andy Murray tomorrow won the US Open boys single title last week.

This Davis Cup match is live on Eurosport starting tomorrow at 9.45am and Sunday at the same time but for Saturdays Doubles it is on later at 12.45pm.

Friday

Borna Coric v Andy Murray

Ivan Dodig (CRO) v Dan Evans

Saturday

Ivan Dodig/Mate Pavic v Colin Fleming/Andy Murray

Sunday

Ivan Dodig v Andy Murray

Borna Coric v Dan Evans

Andy Murray has also came out and stated that Davis Cup should be mandatory. It certainly is a change of heart as he quite often pulls out of Davis Cup matches depending on the surfaces. If he advanced to the US Open I don't think he would have been playing all three matches in this Cup match.

Personally I don't see the attraction in Davis Cup. Very rarely do you see elite players vs elite players in the tie. I will watch the Murray match mainly to see how good Coric is. The gap between the top Junior players and professional players is widening each year. No one has broken through and did exceptionally well since Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro came through circa 05/06.

Nick Kyrgios is an exceptional talent, good hands, great shot selection but when playing against professionals in the slams this year he has been beaten well. Even the good prospects like Tomic,Jankowicz and Dimitrov are now 21+

Murray wins 6-3 6-0 6-3. Coria was okay a good few shots, managed to break Murray at the start of the third, but Coria then lost five on the trot. Murray made him move an awful lot employing spin, and basically just toyed with him just about all match. He held his back when he lost the break.

Murray wins 6-3 6-0 6-3. Coria was okay a good few shots, managed to break Murray at the start of the third, but Coria then lost five on the trot. Murray made him move an awful lot employing spin, and basically just toyed with him just about all match. He held his back when he lost the break.

Was always hoping he'd make a comeback, great player. :P

That win from Andy today made it his 15th consecutive win in singles in Davis Cup after losing his very first match in Davis Cup against Stanislas Wawrinka back in 2005.

post-45146-0-11219200-1379088458_thumb.j

This tie is currently at 1-1 after Evans lost in straight sets to Dodig.

The doubles tomorrow is a important match in this tie that Murray should play but that yet may change.

Haha can't even say it was a typo since a and c are too far apart. Coria was a very good player. Really should have won the French in 2004.

Murray should be rested for the doubles and they should play Marray instead.

Agreed. Marray and fleming will win in straight sets. No need to play muzza.

Britain will win 4-1.

Great to see Murray playing and us making it back to elite level. Bit gutting for james ward but that s team sport.

I ll be at the next match unless its outside europe. Exciting.

Murray and Fleming two sets to the good and a break up in the third. I personally wouldn't have played Murray, Marray and Fleming would have won the match. I would play Dan Evans first tomorrow in the event he wins, then you can play someone else in the dead rubber and give them the singles experience.

Good doubles win today which I only saw the first set.

Looking forward to watching Murray v Dodig match tomorrow which Murray will be aiming for his 16th consecutive win.

Any win tomorrow will see Great Britain in the World Group 1st round for the first time since they played Argentina in a 4-1 lost back in February 2008.

The players in that tie were Alex Bogdanovic & Jamie Baker and the doubles pairing of Jamie Murray & Ross Hutchins.

If all goes will tomorrow the draw for the 2014 Davis Cup competition will take place in London on Wednesday 18 September and the dates for the World Group first round ties are 31 January - 2 February 2014.

What turned out to be the second last point of the Murray match when it was 30-30 Dodig hits a cross court forehand which appears to catch the line but Murray calls for an overrule and gets it.

Dodig was devastated as he cant believe it and the crowd was booing but he had to accept it and played the next point which luckily Murray won as the crowd was booing every Murray shot in that point.

So the final results for this tie which ended 4-1 to Great Britain are as follows

Murray beat Coric 6-3 6-0 6-3

Dodig beat Evans 6-3 6-2 6-3

Murray/Fleming beat Dodig/Pavic 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-1

Murray beat Dodig 6-4 6-2 6-4

Evans beat Pavic 6-4 7-6

As I said above in my last post the draw is on Wednesday for the World Group first round which will get played over the 31 January - 2 February 2014.