Czech Republic v Netherlands

Japan v Canada

Germany v Spain

France v Australia

United States v Great Britain

Argentina v Italy

Kazakhstan v Belgium

Serbia v Switzerland

So the players that Murray and Evans/Ward could play in this tie are John Isner and Sam Querrey and the double pairing of Bob & Mike Bryan.

Disappointed in a way as I wanted to go. Not going to America for it though.

The last Henman/Rusedski tie against the US was a belter, though we should have won. In fact losing that tie really set us back years.

Definitely winnable assuming Murray plays which it being in the US makes much more likely I suspect. I wouldn't write off the doubles either. Fleming has beaten the Bryans before with Hutchins. They aren't invincible.

Need to keep Dan Evans fit and focused for the next 6 months and he can definitely beat Sam Querrey.

Not a real surprise to see him undergo surgery, he was very meek in losses this summer, his movement was very restricted compared to what he was like the middle of last summer. Scheduled to be fit for his normal Miami camp at the end of the year. He could possibly drop out of the top four by Australia however David Ferrer has a lot of points to defend.

I think you will find that a fair few not voting for Andy as he is deemed to not have a personality by still a lot of people. I don't think Ben Ainslie is that popular anyway to pick up the award, but he will probably turn up to the awards show I don't think Andy will as he will be in training. It certainly will not be a strong a field as last year, and Chris Froome winning the Tour de France this year cheapens Bradley's win last year slightly, as it appears like Vettel in Formula One the team is more important than the driver.

I doubt Andy will lose much sleep over not winning it. With very little coverage of the Americas Cup until Ainslie helped win the trophy I don't think many people will remember on such a large scale as what Andy achieved. Even my Gran watched Wimbledon and the only sport she watches is horse racing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...