Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Yeah James Ward I mean, not Dan Evans. Querrey's serve disintegrates and gets Ward back into the match. Good advantage serving first in the final set as well. I would still make Querrey favourite but "Evans" has a great chance now.

Querrey was dead in that last set. Ward held it together very well, and played some excellent shots. Well deserved win. Murray will dismantle Querrey on that clay surface. I dare say Ward will beat Young as well.

1 match away from the quarters - although my idea of going was short lived when I realised they clash with the Ramsdens Cup final!

I'm sure that's a quandry many tennis fans are in now. :D

Great effort from Ward. Up to how Andy feels re the doubles. He might just fancy a crack at the Bryans. I don't think it really matters either way.

Ward can be a right good player when it's clicking for him and it clicked like f**k in the fourth and fifth sets last night.

So GB need a win in either the doubles (not likely) or for Murray to beat Querrey (likely). And into the quarter finals we go.

Hugely impressed with Ward last night and Querrey's bottle absolutely crashed at the same time.

We've had some stunning wins in the Davis Cup under Leon Smith - what a job he's done.

Andy Murray is not surprisingly virtually unbeatable, but the only reason we are here and in with a chance in the World Group is wins from Ward and Evans against much much higher ranked players.

The USA are one of maybe only 2/3 countries we'd be second favourite in the doubles against, so if we get through this one we have a cracking chance of winning the thing provided Murray plays in all ties and we don't draw Spain away on the slowest clay courts in the world as they would go for.

Love the Davis Cup.

Actually, having checked, we'll do very well to play Spain, given they've been knocked out.

The Swiss in the bottom half look the problem. Can see Federer wanting maybe one last chance to win it. Him and Wawrinka would be strong favourites against GB of course.