Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Gilles Simon is like a mini Murray. He plays the same way and normally has a low error count. He is usually under rated by the bookies and you can get very good odds on him to beat big servers as his return of serve is very good.

A surprise to see Murray lose to him though. Simon has winning head to head against Berdych so I will be interested to see his price tomorrow.

Federer in Semis if he beats Baghdatis or Coric. I think Murray needs to win the tournament if he wants to hold on third place as Nadal looks a shoe-in for the Buenos Aires tournament. I know the difference between third and fourth is minimal but I would like to see Murray try and get at Federer for second in the rankings. He has a great chance to earn some ranking points in the Masters this year as he was crap/unlucky in them last year.

Next up for Murray is lucky loser Borna Coric who recovered from a 1-4 down in the 3rd set against Marcos Baghdatis.

Baghdatis retired at 6-6(4/4) in the tie-break due to cramping after nearly three hours of play.

Murray has only played Coric once and that was a Davis Cup match against Croatia when Coric was only 16.

It will be the first time they will have played each other since Coric's comment last year that when he's at his best he plays like Djokovic and when he's at his worst he plays like Murray.

I take it Coric played like Djokovic today then! You just know Federer will beast Coric tomorrow. Coric is going to be the next big thing, never mind your Raonic, Dimitrov etc.

Disappointing loss as he should be looking to cement his top three status, but Rafa has already overtaken him. Nishikori could also overtake him again this week. Meaning he could face Novak in the quarters of the two Masters events that he has a good chance of winning. Indian Wells and Miami. Luckily for Murray he doesn't really have much points to defend at this part of the season, but he really should be looking to be top four going into the Clay Court season as he has a SF to defend at Roland Garros.