Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Bjorkman to be Andy's coach on a trial basis for, I think, the clay court season. Not sure if he will be in place for the Miami Masters. No idea if that's a good appointment! Only time will tell. Might be similar to when he had Corretja as coach?

He is playing Pospisil in the 2nd round of the Indian Wells tonight. Tough draw for Murray in the early rounds. Potential draw is Pospisil, Kohlschreiber, Gulbis/Fognini, Nishikori/Lopez, Djokovic/Ferrer.

If he gets past Nishikori he retains his No.4 position.

Edited by The-coo-shed

I know this is supposed to be the Murray thread, but it's pretty much now become the generic tennis thread. Heather Watson had the biggest result of her career so far beating Radwanska 6-4 6-4 at Indian Wells, first time she's beaten a top 10 player.

Murray wins 6-3, 6-3, Nishikori loses to Lopez in straight sets which gives Murray a little bit of daylight in the rankings.

That was Murray's 496th career win which has equalled Tim Henman's Open-era British men's record.

When asked about matching that record Murray joked: "I wasn't aware of that, it's probably one of the few records Tim still had over me."

Great quote from Britain's greatest ever player. Good win over Mannarino, I remember him getting beat of James Ward at Queens a few years back so kudos for his improvement. Such an unorthodox style but very refreshing to watch.

Yeah Lopez beating Nish was a surprise. Murray loves playing the Spaniard, should win in straights.

Should be a good match up against Djokovic. Murray seems to have found his groove again and is hitting the ball very cleanly on both sides. Hopefully a match less under his belt in the conditions for the Serb will benefit Murray. I'll go for 2-1 Murray.

On his best days he can still hang with the top players, but if he's a little off he'll get pumped.

That's pretty much it. His problem is that when he plays badly it's usually the serve that collapses, which means he can't just hang in there holding his serve like some players could, it just gets taken apart and the scoreline can look a bit ugly.