Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Thoroughly enjoyed Murray's performance tonight to see him into his 4th Miami Open Final and to level his head to Head with Berdych at 6-6.

Murray won the title in 2009 (Djokovic 6-2 7-5) & 2013 (Ferrer 2-6 6-4 7-6) but lost in 2012 to Djokovic 6-1 7-6.

I expect Murray to be playing Dlokovic on Sunday who he has lost to the last 6 times with his last victory against him being the Wimbledon Final.

Djokovic is a machine. I think he will win the French too, and complete the full set.

Nadal looks miles away from where he needs to be.

I wouldn't disagree with this to be perfectly honest. Nadal hasn't been firing and fit for a while and if there's anyone that's going to beat him, it's still going to have to be one of the top players, excluding Murray of course. He always did raise his game at RG.

I'm hoping Murray can give Djokovic a game in the final, he's rolling over too easily and if he can break the mental barrier he's at right now, I'm convinced he can go back to challenging for titles at the top. He needs to smash through the mental block for that to happen. Cause the play is clearly still there, the way he almost toyed with Berdych, who he's had issues with before.

Murray has been great this week. Even that 1st set against Thiem wasn't that bad. Hope for a good game against Djoko. Just pleased he has all but consolidated 3rd in the rankings for the next month. And that's with him missing the Monte Carlo Masters.

Murray has been great this week. Even that 1st set against Thiem wasn't that bad. Hope for a good game against Djoko. Just pleased he has all but consolidated 3rd in the rankings for the next month. And that's with him missing the Monte Carlo Masters.

Andy Murray is also going to play a non mandatory clay event in Munich. He has only done this twice before electing to play Barcelona twice, he has never played a 250 event on clay before. Looking to get a few matches on clay before the two Masters events at Rome and Madrid.

Djokovic currently owns him. Since the Wimbledon final of 2013 Novak's serve has improved in variety and accuracy. He has removed some of the speed from his serve and it is now much more accurate. Murray's serve has regressed. Murray's return game is currently better than Novak's on tour this year, but if he wants to win he needs to not gift Djokovic any service games. It is a big ask. Although it is Andy Murray's second serve that gets viewed as his main weakness, Novak kills him on his first serve also.

For Murray to win tomorrow he has to have over 65% first serve in play and for Novak to have 10% less at least. Also if you win the toss tomorrow Andy elect to serve.

Dolgopolov has Djokovic in all kinds of trouble with the spin and slice he used. So there is hope.

Incidentally if Andy Murray was to win tomorrow it would be his best ever start to a year going into the clay court season.