Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Well I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Great atmosphere. Tennis crowds are weird though. Such a mix. Can't believe folk still don't understand the let rule and let out a gasp when the next serve hits the net, even after about 4 hours of the Ward match!

Murray played great apart from a blip in the third. Young was shocking. Ward was consistent all the way through the match. Deserved to win. Only three breaks of serve in about 80 games told you how close it was!

Hopefully Team GB lose as those shirts are horrific.

Not exactly a team kit though...

Amazing last night, Murray did the job as expected but how James Ward manages to keep doing it in Davis Cup ties is beyond me - if only he could play like that every week!

Atmosphere through the 4th and 5th sets were possibly the best I've experienced - superb support for Ward.

Was definitely a few left when he went two sets down, probably to beat the crowds out - they'll have been spewing when they seen the score.

Now if only the weather hadn't ruined my trip to Inverness...

Been at the games yesterday and today. there was 2 guys next to us who talked all through the murray match as if they were in the pub then left early in the ward game. Missed the better game.

I thought dom inglot carried jamie at times today, i know he s been unwell but and he did improve.

As for atmosphere, i think murraymania is responsible for a bit of the ticket sales, but perhaps attracts those people (like myself) who then are unsure of the etiquette and what is and isnt on.

My family have enjoyed it but, we were sat up in the roof but would go back.

Apart from his serve, Isner hasn't got much else.

Blooter him into touch Andy!!

So far it looks like a wee boy playing against his dad, with Isner trying to hit a winner off every shot and Andy just knocking them back in play to wind him up.

Edit: Andy's second serve is pish though.

Edited by Mark Connolly