Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I play sport at a pretty high level and have known a few guys go on to bigger and better things and every single one of them are cocky b*****ds, because you have to be confident and arrogant to be the best.

Really. And are they "the best"?

Do you know Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal or some no mark golfers on the EuroPro Tour carrying their own clubs?

Edited by H_B

Really. And are they "the best"?

Do you know Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal or some no mark golfers on the EuroPro Tour carrying their own clubs?

Well I know two or three guys who are geting there and i have also met a number of the top golfers, and not when i want an autograph, and they are all extremely cocky and big headed. You have to be! I hope it me in 4-5 years and i know im cocky and confident because you simply have to be, f**k you are taught to be

I play sport at a pretty high leveland have known a few guys go on to bigger and better things and every single one of them are cocky b*****ds, because you have to be confident and arrogant to be the best.

Does tiddlywinks count as a "high level" sport.

I curl on the Men's circuit and although not a mainstream sport, the Men's circuit is the highest level of competition you can get in Scotland. Sure there are confident people at that level, and some arrogant people, but on the whole the better players are confident and the arrogant ones aren't as good as they could be.

Well I know two or three guys who are geting there and i have also met a number of the top golfers, and not when i want an autograph, and they are all extremely cocky and big headed. You have to be! I hope it me in 4-5 years and i know im cocky and confident because you simply have to be, f**k you are taught to be

You don't, and you aren;t.

My Dad's personal friends with Sandy Lyle, and has been for years. A nicer guy you couldn't meet.

Edited by Gaz

My Dad's personal friends with Sandy Lyle, and has been for years. A nicer guy you couldn't meet.

I've heard that too. Apparently Ernie Els is a total gent too. Read an interview with him and the guy doing it said Els invited him to his house for dinner that night with his family and a round of golf at Wentworth too. Interviewer said he's been around professional sport for 20 years and never met a more down to earth guy than Els.

Guy on 5 Live also told a story about Nadal at Wimbledon. Nadal had rented the house next to his neighbour for the 2 weeks, and his neighbour's kids wanted to go round for an autograph. Guy eventually agreed, and when they did Tony Nadal answered the door, said Rafa was in the shower , but if they came back later it would be no problem.

Kids went back an hour later and Nadal sat and chatted with them about tennis for 45 minutes, gave them signed t shirts and stuff, all the day before a match. Said he was a diamond and very softly spoken and humble.

Nice guys do win!

You people don't listen, off the court,course, pitch whatever they can be nice guys, i have said that previously, but when they play they become cocky and arrogant, this is my last post on this subject because i am pretty much repeating every post again and again.

Yes, and you are totally wrong, as has been pointed out.

Your basic failing is confusing belief in your own ability with arrogance, when they are two completley different things.

You people don't listen, off the court,course, pitch whatever they can be nice guys, i have said that previously, but when they play they become cocky and arrogant, this is my last post on this subject because i am pretty much repeating every post again and again.

Repeating something, as in your case, doesn't make it correct.

Well obviously. Sorry, I maybe wasn't too clear there. The point isn't over when the ball physically bounces back over the net, it's over when it takes a second bounce unplayed by the opponent. In theory he can probably jump the net (without touching it) and even just brush the ball on its way back down to earth and he's deemed to have played a legal shot as he's contacted the ball and it has bounced on the side of the net he has to make it do.

Interesting- however-probably completely impossible to jump the net and beat the tennis ball before it bounced in that circumstance. I'm sure I heard that you can only deliberately go to your oponents side of the net to agree on a ball- in or out mark on marking courts( clay, blaes) This is geeky.

• 2 weeks later...

Davis Cup a bit overshadowed by the Ryder Cup for obvious reasons!

Jamie Murray and Hutchins in the doubles today. Good move by Lloyd I think.

The other Murray will win his singles tomorrow and Bogdanovic is total wankpiss so this game is really the decider.

Edited by H_B

Andy Murray should tell the Davis Cup captain to f**k off and find some other players. Andy should stop playing in this shite until we are remotely capable of winning one of the other three rubbers. All Murray is doing is risking injury in a losing cause. British tennis is a joke and it's time for Andy to do his own thing.

Andy Murray should tell the Davis Cup captain to f**k off and find some other players. Andy should stop playing in this shite until we are remotely capable of winning one of the other three rubbers. All Murray is doing is risking injury in a losing cause. British tennis is a joke and it's time for Andy to do his own thing.

Think that's what Murray might have been thinking with his little outburst today. I respect that the guy says what he thinks and doesn't care if he steps on toes but the fact of the matter is Bogdanovic is a lost cause. Almost worth that couple of weekends a year though to keep garnering the support for Wimbledon, which is something I think Murray appreciates already more than Henman ever did, he almost saw it more as a burden at times.

Bogdanovic is the template British tennis player. Clearly has some good shots in the locker, but misses far too many easy points and crumbles when the pressure is on. The LTA performance directors or whatever they call themselves have failed miserably over the last few years. Murray and the young lass who won junior wimbledon didnt come through the LTA and are the only real tangible UK success stories. Jamie Murray has won a Slam of course albeit with a girl to help him, but according to his bro that is only after the LTA nearly ruining him as a player.

Disappointing, but predictable. Bogdanovic is a total loser.

Pisspoor effort from Murray and Hutchins in the doubles. Jamie Murray isn't half the player he seems to think he is.

Comedy quotes from Murray about the rest of the team though. This from the guy who invented a fake injury because he wanted to blouse out of a trip to Argentina earlier in the year.

Edited by H_B

Jamie Murray isn't half the player he seems to think he is.

I was beginning to think that myself. The bloke needs to start playing singles again or f**k off because he's piss poor at doubles unless he's being carried by a bit of skirt.