Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I know that Murray beat Querry when he won the Cinncinatti masters in straight sets. Has Murray ever beating Marcos Baghdatis????

No. He has met him twice and lost both. But the last one was over a year ago and the other one two years ago at Wimbledon when Murray was little more than a boy.

I don't think past meetings have that much relevance in such circumstances. He went much longer without beating Nadal and Djokovic either, both of whom are better players than Baghdatis, but has beaten them recently.

Anyway, it's fairly irrelevant. Murray is presently far too good for either and proved it last night by gubbing Querry in straight sets. Verdasco next.

Murray defeats Verdasco 6-3 7-6 to make the q-f's so matches last year's points here too. Next up Nalbandian who beat Del Potro.

Djokovic went out to Tsonga, although achieved more points than he did last year in doing so. If Murray is to close the gap still further he needs to win another round.

Murray defeats Verdasco 6-3 7-6 to make the q-f's so matches last year's points here too. Next up Nalbandian who beat Del Potro.

Djokovic went out to Tsonga, although achieved more points than he did last year in doing so. If Murray is to close the gap still further he needs to win another round.

Did Djorkovic beat Tsonga in the Aussie Open final this year (or was it last year)??????

Everytime i seem to watch Djorkovic he never seems to win. Went out in the early rounds of this years Wimbledon, lost this week to Tsonga, beaten by Murray in the Cincinatti Masters and beaten by Federer in the US open (however that was a semi-final and was against the Worlds no.2)

Was keeping an eye on the game at work on the BBC live text service. Seemed to be a fairly solid display.

Seemed by and large to run of the mill and without any startling play. Again according to the text service, I didn't see it live either.

In a way that's very encouraging that these days he's reached the stage of puting away top 16 players comfortably enough with unispiring performances. :D

Every so often you see a moment in life where someone completely jinxes someone and ruins it for everyone. this is one of those moments. :P

Indeed.

The SS Red curse works phenomenally well.

Murray loses 6-7 3-6 to Nalbandian. He'll actually lose some ground on Djokovic for the week then as he's only matched last year's points for q-f whilst Djokovic went a round further than he did last year.

Murray loses 6-7 3-6 to Nalbandian. He'll actually lose some ground on Djokovic for the week then as he's only matched last year's points for q-f whilst Djokovic went a round further than he did last year.

Djokovic will also lose his Masters Cup points from last year this week, it's always staggered like that for the final event.

Mind you, he lost all three games last year, so wouldn't have got any points anyway, so it's all irrelevant. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, SD, and claim you already knew that anyway. :lol:

Murray trails Djokovic by 1,155 ranking points at this precise moment but he has a chance of bridging that gap or going mighty close in Australia at the start of the year.

Djokovic isn't defending much between now and the Aussie Open. He got 5 points in Paris last year and nothing at all at the Masters Cup but he did win the Australian and carries 1,000 points for it that he will drop on February 2nd.

Murray lost in the 1st round in Australia last year so is only defending 5 points there so if they were to get to the same stage as one another this time Murray would in effect take 995 points out of Djokovic and if Murray got a round further (say final instead of semi final) he'd take a further 250 points which would be enough in itself to put Murray in front. However, Murray is defending greater points between now and Australia, 250 for winning St Petersburg last year and 125 for making the Q-F in Paris. He needs to match those two results too or the gap will grow. In fact it will grow even if he DOES match them provided Djokovic at least gets beyond the first round in Paris because he'll improve his own points total. Murray will also play Masters Cup this year which he didn't last year but as said above Djokovic got nothing in that anyway so their relative performances in that will also be relevant.

I know not if Djokovic is playing anywhere else that he didn't last year which might mean extra points (like St Petersburg for instance).

Djokovic will also lose his Masters Cup points from last year this week, it's always staggered like that for the final event.

Mind you, he lost all three games last year, so wouldn't have got any points anyway, so it's all irrelevant. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, SD, and claim you already knew that anyway. :lol:

Not only did I already know that but I already posted it in this thread! :P

Caught the last set, some inspired stuff from Murray, Roddick was average, Murray has the ability that all the best players have to really step it up a gear on the big points and pull a couple of seemingly unwinnable points out the bag. Simon up next so if Murray can beat him then the pressure is off a bit against Fed.