Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

What a result ( again ). Cant be many players with as good a record against Federer as Murray. Just shame that it wasnt the same at the US Open. He really does seem to have moved up a gear again Murray. Is this going to be enough to get him to 3 in the rankings ( and would that be the highest ever ranking for a British tennis played ) ?

Sounded like one hell of a match. I was silently cursing Mr Murray as I saw him being pegged back in the second and third sets on the BBC Live Text.

Another morning at work tomorrow, so I'll be using it again for the semi-final against Davydenko. Can't help feeling the Russian's going to take this one, but Murray has been immense (in spells) recently.

By all accounts looked knackered, roll on Australia and for the first time a draw where he can't meet any of the big 3 until the semis.

First time he's certain not to before the draw is made if that's what you meant? He wasn't able to meet any of them before the semis at Flushing Meadow either, though that was luck of the draw because he was in David Ferrer's quarter.

• 1 month later...

1 set a piece in the semi final against federer. After hurting his back Murray then led 4-1 in the final set and was serving to make it 5-1 but now Federer has pulled it back to 5-4 in his favour :huh:

Suprised Murray didnt finish him off when he had the chance but makes for an exciting finish i suppose.