Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Routine last set. First set was decent, but wished I'd followed HB's advice and missed this - mis-match in terms of quality.

Other than a 190kph serve, Isner had very little to offer.

I was thinking this myself, see if he had even the slightest best of talent he'd be a real struggle to play against.

I think people are doing Murray a bit of a disservice here. Yes Isner is quite one dimensional, but it's quite a dimension and he does have the shots to trouble you on the ground if you give him the chance. Murray played a superb tactical match with only the very briefest of lapses.

Once Murray started reading the guys serve a bit better he was in little trouble really. The big yank has his colossal first serve and thats about it really. It will still be enough to give him the odd big win against top guys though. Murray played him really well I thought. Took pace of his own serve to get better angles and generally ran the big guy around as much as he possibly could. Isner was actually trying to get in behind his serve and get to the net quite a bit though. If his volleying had been any good at all he would probably have been troubling Murray more.

I didnt mind watching the game though. Isner and that other big stookie heid nadal beat would be a pretty tough match to watch I think:lol:

They said during commentary in warm up for last night's game that if Murray and Nadal both won they'd meet at 8am our time on Tuesday morning and it would be live on BBC1

shame that my work computer cant stream the game, i think it will be very close one personally, it will be interesting to see if nadal can find the form that served him so well over a year ago.

shame that my work computer cant stream the game, i think it will be very close one personally, it will be interesting to see if nadal can find the form that served him so well over a year ago.

I fully expect Murray to bottle it again, thus cementing his place as the Colin Montgommerie of tennis. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

I fully expect Murray to bottle it again, thus cementing his place as the Colin Montgommerie of tennis. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

'Bottle it'? He's playing one of the best players ever, losing would be absolutely no disgrace. :huh:

Murray hasn't really needed to get out of 1st gear so far in the tournament. He will have to go up a few when he faces Nadal and is more than capable of beating him. Nadals form understandably hasn't been great over the past 6 months and he isn't the player he was 12 months ago. I fancy him to lose to Murray in 4 sets. 8)

'Bottle it'? He's playing one of the best players ever, losing would be absolutely no disgrace. :huh:

i wouldnt say bottle it either. He's expected to lose. At least he should be playing someone ranked above him. That said nadal isnt the player he was and he ll need to be at the top of his game to take murray at this moment. Interesting to see that del potro is out, that cilic is no easy game as proved last year in the us open last year, this is obviously IF he progresses.