Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Interesting pre match to hear another tennis expert, this time Gimelstob, say that Murray will win multiple majors. Heard this now from several folk who know much more about tennis than I ever will. However, I just can't see it. I can't see him winning even one, not until he sorts out his dreadful first serve percentage. It seems every time I watch him, and I admit I don't watch all of his matches, he's down around or even below 50%. Simply not good enough. I would love him to prove me wrong.

Interesting pre match to hear another tennis expert, this time Gimelstob, say that Murray will win multiple majors. Heard this now from several folk who know much more about tennis than I ever will. However, I just can't see it. I can't see him winning even one, not until he sorts out his dreadful first serve percentage. It seems every time I watch him, and I admit I don't watch all of his matches, he's down around or even below 50%. Simply not good enough. I would love him to prove me wrong.

Murray just isn't as good as Federer when Federer is playing well. And last night Federer played very well indeed. In fact he was awesome. Murray will jaut have to hold up his hands and accept he was gubbed by the better player last night. Federer on form is still the best player in the world by a fair distance.

I liked the way Murray played him last night as he was taking it to him in the first set but Federer found that bit extra and was utterly hammering in that forehand too. Federer just looked invincible at times last night.He served well and his general play was just punishing Murray. Federer is the best tennis player I've ever seen when he is on form.

Time will tell if Murray wins a major. He has the game to do it but he will need to have a bit of good fortune while Federer is around and hope to catch him in a final when he isn't firing on all cylinders like big Del Porto did in the US.

So if Federer beats that lanky Argentinian streak of Piss Murray is threw....... but if Del Asshole wins is he out or is it all down to sets won or lost?

If Federer wins then Murray is through.

Del Potro wins in straight sets then Murray and Del Potro go through.

Del Potro wins 2-1 then Federer and whoever has more games won (?) goes through out of Murray and Del Potro.

I think :lol:

Edited by The Minertaur

If Federer wins then Murray is through.

Del Potro wins in straight sets then Murray and Del Potro go through.

Del Potro wins 2-1 then Federer and whoever has more games won (?) goes through out of Murray and Del Potro.

I think :lol:

Krypton Factor

"Any win for Federer will take Murray through but a straight-sets win for Del Potro would put the Scot out, while a three-set win for Del Potro would see it come down to the percentage of games won by Murray, Federer and Del Potro."

Pretty much what I said....

"Any win for Federer will take Murray through but a straight-sets win for Del Potro would put the Scot out, while a three-set win for Del Potro would see it come down to the percentage of games won by Murray, Federer and Del Potro."

Pretty much what I said....

Rubbish.

Any win for Federer takes him through as group winner and Murray as runner up.

A straight sets win for Del Potro takes he and Murray through. I think Murray would be declared as group winner having won the head to head but not certain of that.

A three set win for Del Potro comes down to games won percentage to see who wins the group and then, once that's decided, the head to head between the other two decides it. So if Del Potro was to have the best games won percentage he'd win the group and Murray would go out having lost to Federer. But if Federer has the best games won percentage he'd win the group and Murray would go through as runner up on the head to head.

EDIT - It's a long shot that Murray will go out here. It basically takes Del Potro to win in three sets but do so by winning a lot of games more than Federer, so two comfortable sets won to one tight one lost.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Guest The Phoenix
Rubbish.

Any win for Federer takes him through as group winner and Murray as runner up.

A straight sets win for Del Potro takes he and Murray through. I think Murray would be declared as group winner having won the head to head but not certain of that.

A three set win for Del Potro comes down to games won percentage to see who wins the group and then, once that's decided, the head to head between the other two decides it. So if Del Potro was to have the best games won percentage he'd win the group and Murray would go out having lost to Federer. But if Federer has the best games won percentage he'd win the group and Murray would go through as runner up on the head to head.

Correct.

Murray really needs DelPotro to go for the jugular.