Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Think Stepanek will win this one, I can't see how Murray can recover in time.

Stepanek is one of those players I think Murray just needs to turn up to beat. He always seems to breeze past him. Of course, now I've said this, he will likely lose. :P

Stepanek is one of those players I think Murray just needs to turn up to beat. He always seems to breeze past him. Of course, now I've said this, he will likely lose. :P

Opening set is going well so far: 3-0 to Murray. Been a walk in the park so far!

That's a fucking ridiculous result. I watched the first set and he was cruising. What happened?

Murray looked knackered to be honest. Plus Stepanek started to get a lot more first serves in and made Andy run around a lot more.

That's a fucking ridiculous result. I watched the first set and he was cruising. What happened?

He had less than 14 hours recovery time after his last match. That's what happened. Who scheduled his matches ffs?

Looks like Mr Overbite is getting lucky in this tournament as big Del Potro had to chuck it through injury last night. No doubt his semi final opponent will be struck by lightning or something. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Murray beats Del Potty 6/3,3/6,6/2 in opening match of the Masters Series Finals at O2 in London. Good game and nice to see Murray trying to be a bit more aggressive at times. Potty had a spell of about a set and a bit where all his monster forehands were coming off but he cooled down in the third. Murray has two other matches to play against Federer and Verdasco.

Edited by RedWeb

Murray beats Del Potty 6/3,3/6,6/2 in opening match of the Masters Series Finals at O2 in London. Good game and nice to see Murray trying to be a bit more aggressive at times. Potty had a spell of about a set and a bit where all his monster forehands were coming off but he cooled down in the third. Murray has two other matches to play against Federer and Verdasco.

Didin't manage to catch it live, I was out. However, I saw some of the highlights later and it looked like there was some sensational stuff from both players.

Tough group for Murray. You'd prefer Nadal to Federer probably (though we'll see how he actually plays, he was hopeless last season at this). You'd certainly prefer Davydenko to Del Potro (although Murray doesn't have a great record against the Russian who knocked him out of this last year). I would have thought he'd prefer Soderling to Verdasco too although he has a very good record against Verdasco (but lost to him in the Aussie Open).

There's a danger he'll have to peak to get through it and then lose the semis having done so as he did last year.

Does anyone know anything about the indoor record of Soderling ?

I remember it being brought up when the roof was coming over Wimbledon and stuff, and he beat Nadal 6-4 6-4 at the O2 Arena. Is he really a top contender when it comes to playing indoors ?

I remember it being brought up when the roof was coming over Wimbledon and stuff, and he beat Nadal 6-4 6-4 at the O2 Arena. Is he really a top contender when it comes to playing indoors ?

For me Nadal is a shadow of his former self. It should have been no major surprise that "The Sod" was able to overpower him. The way Nadal has played on tour since he was 16 has always pointed towards a limited shelf life. You simply can't rip the ball around and run as much as he has for ever. He puts so much into each point in each game it's no surprise to now see him running out of juice. He'll either retire by the time he's 25 or change his game. Either way I see him losing many more matches than in the past.