Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Poor Muzzah! Owner of almost all the shots in the book and a man with only one (admittedly great) shot goes and trumps him.

Which one shot are you choosing?

The first serve, the forehand or the backhand?

Just the forehand thank you very much.

So you are ignoring his first serve and backhand. Interesting.

He'll be the favourite in many tennis fans/media pundits eyes just as Murray was no matter what the bookies say.

Too far away to say. Depends how they finish the year, but I don't see any way that the guy who hods two Slams and lost in the final in 5 setters in the other two wont be favourite.

I thought for this one the kids might have affected him a bit, but doesn't look that way.

Murray started off the same last year and got a pumping - thats the difference

To be fair to Murray, Federer played a million times better against him than he did against Potty. Every Fed shot last year was creaming the lines and he barely duffed a shot. Also bear in mind that Fed last year had played 2 days before the final and was well rested, whereas Murray played on back to back days. Last night the GOAT was under 45% first serving, choked the second set, double faulted more times than in living memory and was shanking balls all over the place. No matter how well Potty played Fed would almost certainly have won with an average "day at the office" level of serving. Potty is a beast but let's not rubbish Murray too quickly.

Credit to Murray for turning out in the Davis Cup at the weekend, though I don't think he should have played in the doubles.

Saw three games of Dan Evans yesterday and that was enough for me. No backhand, pish first serve, no weapons. He looks very ordinary. He also sounds incredibly thick.

Credit to Murray for turning out in the Davis Cup at the weekend, though I don't think he should have played in the doubles.

Saw three games of Dan Evans yesterday and that was enough for me. No backhand, pish first serve, no weapons. He looks very ordinary. He also sounds incredibly thick.

We're never going to win a tie, until either another player comes along, or Murray wins the doubles.

I think he's better off focusing on his singles career because he's wasting his time with these losers.

We're never going to win a tie, until either another player comes along, or Murray wins the doubles.

It's unfortunate that, pish as Poland are, they actually have a world class doubles pair. As Rusedski implied on Saturday, Lloyd fucked up by playing Evans on the Sunday. He should have given Fleming a shot.

The only good thing about the weekend was that I got Poland at 5/2 to win the tie.

I think he's better off focusing on his singles career because he's wasting his time with these losers.

I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't play next year, especially in an away game.

Couldn't agree more, especially if he is carrying an injury. How on earth is the second best singles player we have as bad as Dan Evans?

I quite fancy playing in the Davies Cup. I surely won't be that much worse than some of the duffers they plucked from nowhere to play this time out?

Mind you, I have a bit of tennis elbow.

I quite like the Davies Cup games, it's just a pity that our lot are shite at it. It would be quite exciting to have a reasonable side playing in it.