Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I'm a big Murray fan but I have to say that was truly pathetic today. If he wasn't injured or ill that has to be the worst performance of his entire career. Cilic served average at best and still managed to win sets with double breaks. Murray looked like a boy playing against a man at times and it was painful to watch. Really can't get my head round what I've just seen. Looks like a drop to 3 or 4 and a serious reality check are coming Andy's way. Wouldn't surprise me to see a change in Team Murray some time soon.

:(

Edited by RedWeb

Pish. As brilliant as Murray is when he's at his best, he's far too inconsistent. And he doesn't seem to raise his game for the slams like most of the other top players do.

Much as it pains me to say it, it's very difficult to see him winning any slams in his career. He just can't play well enough for long enough.

Yip, looks like it now.

His timing is way off, his movement is poor, and his decision making has been awful. Ironically, he's served quite well, but Cilic has been returning incredibly well.

It's arguably the worst performance I've seen from him since he broke onto the main tour.

I agree, it was woeful.

29 unforced errors in the final set? That's dreadful.

I'm quite annoyed at the commentary. They always seem to suggest that any opponent that beats Murray is somehow having the game of his life. The truth is that if Murray had turned up he'd have won. Cilic hits the ball hard and flat, but has no subtlety or craft and Murray would usually have found a way around him, but there was nothing - no drop shots, no moving Cilic side to side, no service returns, nothing at all. However, it seems as though the commentators are allergic to any bit of criticism at all, and would rather go down the 'Cilic is magnificent!' road, which I don't think he particularly is.

There must be something wrong with him, that was the worst I have ever seen him play. He actually looked like he couldn't be arsed half the time. Why the fuck is he so defensive? Is he scared of missing a winner or two?

Edit - Cilic must have been pissing himself at how easy it was.

Edited by TheScarf

Not someone Scottish rather Andy Murrayl.

FYI, after each Grand Slam I will come on and make the same comment. I hope one day I am proved wrong but I doubt it.

I'm going to hang my Andy Murray banner upside down in protest at you, you bigot twat.

Not someone Scottish rather Andy Murrayl.

FYI, after each Grand Slam I will come on and make the same comment. I hope one day I am proved wrong but I doubt it.

Here's an idea, why don't you just stay away altogether you dull cretin? Come back when Ireland have a decent player to speak of.

Here's an idea, why don't you just stay away altogether you dull cretin? Come back when Ireland have a decent player to speak of.

If you find me dull it is quite simple to ignore me. Rather of course, you'd rather ruin a thread by getting into a personal slanging match. Grow up.

I'm quite annoyed at the commentary. They always seem to suggest that any opponent that beats Murray is somehow having the game of his life.

To be fair, on other occasions they may have had a case, but not tonight. Sure, Cilic played well, probably as well as he's played all year, but a lot of that was down to how much Murray let him play. A truly abysmal performance. I hope for his sake he was carrying a knock or was ill.

Anyone else think that Tsonga is going to take advantage of this ? He's got a match on his hands tonight ( should be well worth a watch ), but I reckon he could take Nadal if he goes through, and Federer would have his work cut out as Tsonga has been impressive during this slam.

Sounds like I'm happy to have missed this.

Going to lose a lot of ranking points now then. He'll drop 1,220 ranking points to be 8,490 next week.

Nadal will go back above him to the No 2 ranking if he wins his last 16 match against Monfils.

Djokovic would go above him too if he won the tournament.

Anyone else think that Tsonga is going to take advantage of this ? He's got a match on his hands tonight ( should be well worth a watch ), but I reckon he could take Nadal if he goes through, and Federer would have his work cut out as Tsonga has been impressive during this slam.

I fancy Del Potro to win his first slam this year now. Djokovic has a chance too, although he's had it ridiculously easy so far. So much for a higher seeding giving you the better chance to progress.

If you find me dull it is quite simple to ignore me. Rather of course, you'd rather ruin a thread by getting into a personal slanging match. Grow up.

post-4200-1252445296.gif

Anyway, did anyone hear Rusedskis comments about Murrays year? While most pundits claim he's been brilliant Rusedski pointed out that he's been disappointing at the grand slams, and he has to go away and figure out what he has to do to win. He also said that the semi-final win over Nadal last year was achieved by attacking him, which I totally agree with.

He also said that the semi-final win over Nadal last year was achieved by attacking him, which I totally agree with.

Yip, the other players are starting to cotton on to his defensive game, and are beginning to counter it more effectively. Murray needs to get away for a few weeks and work on adopting a more agressive approach to his game. He's got it in him, that's for sure.

I fancy Del Potro to win his first slam this year now. Djokovic has a chance too, although he's had it ridiculously easy so far. So much for a higher seeding giving you the better chance to progress.

I was thinking Del Potro before the tourney might do well. Obviously not seen any of the Ferrero match, but he looked to be labouring a bit, even going through what seemed to be comfortable matches for him. Tsonga seems to be at half gear but more than willing to step things up if need be.

I have seen NOTHING from Djokovic, but his scores seem impressive.

Sounds like I'm happy to have missed this.

Going to lose a lot of ranking points now then. He'll drop 1,220 ranking points to be 8,490 next week.

Nadal will go back above him to the No 2 ranking if he wins his last 16 match against Monfils.

Djokovic would go above him too if he won the tournament.

Going to 3 or 4 (unlikely 4 though I reckon) would probably be good for him in terms of re-assessing how he goes forward from here.

The U.S Open draw is always fixed for the players they like, but then we can't complain because so is Wimbledon.

I think Del Potro will destroy Cilic, and maybe make the Final, depending on how fit Nadal is.

Larry Stefanki said the exact same after Roddick reamed him at Wimbledon, it's patently obvious he ain't going to win a Slam playing defensive tennis. Infact I remember Federer saying that about him too.

He can rip the arse out of tour events but then it comes to the big ones he struggles out of the blue - it's baffling.

Edited by dubs

Let me repeat again - Andy Murray - Scotland's tennis equivalent of Colin Montgomerie.
Utter, utter pish.

He may well win a slam or two during his career, but he'll never be in the same league as Federer, who just simply never loses matches like that.

Fucking embarrassing.

Oh, look who's here when someone Scottish loses.

Dont really see anything different from what you posted to Glasnost did Stewartymac.