Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Streaky performance. It was either playing excellently, or playing very, very poory. Should never have lost a set against Chela, he isn't a great player, with one of the worst serveice motions I've ever laid eyes on.

Saw very little of the match over two days so can't comment much on it directly. Chela's record on clay isn't bad though. I don't think it's that surprising he got a set.

Watching him right now against Baghdatis. One set up (6-2) and it's currently 1-1 in the second set, Murray's playing well, not exceptional, but Baghdatis is pretty rank rotten. He's got a few good shots up his sleeve, but that forehand of his is murder.

Relatively routine win for Murray now I should think.

Andy Murray is playing much better than he did in previous rounds here. Some cracking shots and a lot more effort when it comes to taking shots on. As a result, Baghdatis has just looked terrible.

Andy Murray looked brilliant in that last set there. Basically how he looked in the second, even if the commentator comes out with his "he didn't play that well in the second set" nonsense.

Who is he due to get now ?

Andy Murray looked brilliant in that last set there. Basically how he looked in the second, even if the commentator comes out with his "he didn't play that well in the second set" nonsense.

Who is he due to get now ?

Isner or Berdych.

It's Berdych in the next round, unsurprisingly. Isner's not a good clay courter at all.

Will be a really tough yin against the Czech, he's been in reasonable form this season (although he had a shocking loss to Petzshner in Munich), and is comfortable on this surface.

Murray will win in 4. Birdman will pillage him in the first set, then have one of his routine mental collapse's. I also fancy Youzhny to beat Murray for a place in the semis.